replants...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMFARM 2009

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
i have over 100 pine trees replanted bag worms where bad here for three years... i lost twenty due to this.. what is the best spray to get rid of them and when should i spray.... i went as far as burning some while standing due to amount of worms in them.. i have twenty five ponderosa's i really dont want to lose. the rest are scotch white and blue spruce i still see some remnants of worms in trees this year... my neighbor is telling me to spray early spring???? any help.
they are even in the maples walnuts ash oaks and hedge trees here..

i have over 100 pine trees replanted bag worms where bad here for three years... i lost twenty due to this.. what is the best spray to get rid of them and when should i spray.... i went as far as burning some while standing due to amount of worms in them.. i have twenty five ponderosa's i really dont want to lose. the rest are scotch white and blue spruce i still see some remnants of worms in trees this year... my neighbor is telling me to spray early spring???? any help.
they are even in the maples walnuts ash oaks and hedge trees here..
If you can reach the bags you can hand remove and burn them until spring then spray remaining ones but older larvae are a bit tough to kill.

sprays

organic Bacillus thuringiensis
non organic Carbaryl

always check that the spray is approved for the intended us in your district

Back