Resistor and Non-Resistor spark plug

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does it make any difference if you use a Resistor or a Non-Resistor spark plug in your saws ?

I can't pizz off the neighbors as well with resistor plugs. Especially when I mow the fields with my 1940 ford 6V+ground tractor that has solid metal core wires.

I can't pizz off the neighbors as well with resistor plugs. Especially when I mow the fields with my 1940 ford 6V+ground tractor that has solid metal core wires.

I work on those old tractors for a living. With solid core metal wires, some tractors I gotta kill the ignition before the garage door clicker will work. Have also had aftermarket electronic ignition kits fried from solid core wires. Gotta use resistance plug wires with those kits.

non resistor plugs would likely cause interference with my handheld radio so they are out. i've always used BPMR7A or WSR6F. i had a few bunk bosches in a row last year so i just run NGK now.
The only plugs I've really had problems with over the years have been Bosch, plus they're the most expensive of the lot. I stick with NGK aswell

Instead of the threaded top plug that will vibrate loose and cause saw problems, and leave aluminum dust in the plug boot, get a solid top.
NGK BPMR7A nut - #4626.
NGK BPMR7A solid top - #6703.

Genuine Made in Japan NGK #6703 are only $1.32/ea at RockAuto. Way cheaper than from the dealer. So affordable there is no need to worry about resistor and non-resistor.
https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/ngk,6703,spark+plug,7212

In my 80’s Husqvarna dirtbikes with the SEM ignitions using resistor spark plugs and resistor caps will kill the SEM ignition. With chain saws and SEM ignitions I’m not sure.

Has anyone tried the Chinese spark plugs from huztl/farmtec yet? Only $0.59 on sale. I don’t use that many spark plugs.

I wonder where the NGK plugs are manufactured in Japan maybe? For now but we know most of the manufacturing does switch to China sooner or later.

In the 80’s I sent machine tools I built to China one lathe had a 124”/chuck and weighed 200k. It took five trailer trucks to carry it. The Chinese took it off the boat and uncrated it on the dock. They had no way to move it , some of the pieces were 25k tons. It sat in the rain. Yet there bare foot doctors who ride bicycles from village to village can cure throat cancer go figure.
At that time the us goverment only allowed 2 axis CNC controllers out of our country. I guess so no one had the manufacturing capabilities that we do Incase of a war.

The NGK BPMR7A (4626 and 6703) are made in Japan, or at least the ones I have seen are.

NGK also has spark plug manufacturing in the US (Irvine) and Europe. I'm not sure which product categories are made there. None are made in China.

My ex urologist just took off to another state. I won’t go into detail but he screwed up with me. Now a really awesome young urologist surgeon is trying to extent my life a tad longer. I’m not the suing kind.

I lost older brothers at 43yo, & 52yo and recently at 72yo. I’m 68yo. I have to fear of the next life.

I’m the last one left in my family everyone before me is gone. About 42 years ago I wanted to move to ak when we first got married, the misses said but we have family here. There all gone. Should of moved.

I’m the last one left in my family everyone before me is gone. About 42 years ago I wanted to move to ak when we first got married, the misses said but we have family here. There all gone. Should of moved.
Hindsight is always 20/20 though. I wouldn't judge yourself too hard while looking back.

Instead of the threaded top plug that will vibrate loose and cause saw problems, and leave aluminum dust in the plug boot, get a solid top.
NGK BPMR7A nut - #4626.
NGK BPMR7A solid top - #6703.

Genuine Made in Japan NGK #6703 are only $1.32/ea at RockAuto. Way cheaper than from the dealer. So affordable there is no need to worry about resistor and non-resistor.
https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/ngk,6703,spark+plug,7212

Seems that they have also denso W22MPR-U for bargain price......:)
https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/denso,6043,,0

RV

Latest posts

Back