"Retired" guy finally shedding some equipment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
treeclimber101

treeclimber101

UNCLE BUCK
Maybe I could understand this thread and carb compliant if it was explained to me is it and after cleaner or something that runs after the engine is shutdown that cleans the turbos or exhaust .. I mean I think that it is crazy that a state or gov. can just make a broad sweep over all the equipment and deem it unusable junk ... Crazy to me really but the bigger question is it helping you there is the air quality better or what is it just a plan to clean house and a ploy to try to throw something at a wall and see if it sticks ...

les-or-more

les-or-more

I was here but now im gone!
Staff member
. AS Supporting Member.
Maybe I could understand this thread and carb compliant if it was explained to me is it and after cleaner or something that runs after the engine is shutdown that cleans the turbos or exhaust .. I mean I think that it is crazy that a state or gov. can just make a broad sweep over all the equipment and deem it unusable junk ... Crazy to me really but the bigger question is it helping you there is the air quality better or what is it just a plan to clean house and a ploy to try to throw something at a wall and see if it sticks ...

California Air Resources Board or CARB is a government agency that decides what is good or bad for air quality.

Kottonwood

Kottonwood

ArboristSite Operative
so it says on the carb website that any piece of portable equipment using alternative fuels is not subject to the registration or regulations.

Why don't you guys just switch to biodiesel?

Kottonwood

Kottonwood

ArboristSite Operative
hmmm I was reading some more and it seems you would have to convert to a dual fuel pilot engine..... so it starts with diesel, warms up, then runs on straight veggie oil.

I would like to see someone convert an old chipper to do this... might be worth the while, uses veggie oil is cheap....... maybe I will try it out.

Hard to tell by the regs though..... maybe you can get by running b100.

treeclimber101

treeclimber101

UNCLE BUCK
California Air Resources Board or CARB is a government agency that decides what is good or bad for air quality.

I mean is it working though , it seems that for me anyway if I was forced to sell something and buy something new or compliant I would be pretty attentive on some kinda result , because I can guarantee the same dealers that are or were selling parts for the old machines were on the front lines for passing the new regulations as well

Gologit

Gologit

Completely retired...life is good.
. AS Supporting Member.
I mean is it working though , it seems that for me anyway if I was forced to sell something and buy something new or compliant I would be pretty attentive on some kinda result , because I can guarantee the same dealers that are or were selling parts for the old machines were on the front lines for passing the new regulations as well

CARB keeps telling us it's working and they throw all kinds of fancy numbers at us to back up their claims.

I don't see how a few chippers and saws could really affect the air quality that much. I think it's like a lot of government agencies, especially in California, that need to justify their existence.

CARB makes a lot of noise and they generate a lot of media attention. Have they really cleaned up the air? Go to L.A. on a hot muggy day when there's a temperature inversion and you can see the air you're breathing.

Cars, trucks, buses, and the railroad all contribute their share...and more.

jefflovstrom

jefflovstrom

It was a beautiful day!
. AS Supporting Member.
It just sucks thats all were so beat down by these mongrels that when they say jump we just say how high , I am just venting thats all cause I am sure if I was forced to sell something and buy something in order to "work" to pay my taxes I would fall in rank and file with the rest

California is not business friendly, too many libs.
Jeff

les-or-more

les-or-more

I was here but now im gone!
Staff member
. AS Supporting Member.

That is true in some instances I am sure, but then the "be careful what you wish for" kicked in, some of this new and "improved" is making life difficult for them now.

jefflovstrom

jefflovstrom

It was a beautiful day!
. AS Supporting Member.
We are just talking about a gentleman with some used equipment that he would like to sell for a fair price and the problems that doing so incurs.;)

True, and as we talk about 'a fair price and the problems that doing so incurs.;).' Your word's,
So what is 'fair' will lead to this being political.
Jeff

Last edited:

Latest posts