Retrofit a decompression valve

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Masticator

Reaction score
Has anyone retrofitted a decompression valve to a MS260 that came without one? There seems to be a boss in place on the cylinder head ready for filing, drilling and tapping. If anyone has done it, I'd like to know more.

I'm usually doing the opposite -putting in a plug!

it's dead easy - spot-face, drill, tap.. but... I'd do it in a mill or drill press (icluding starting the tap) to get everything straight

Has anyone retrofitted a decompression valve to a MS260 that came without one? There seems to be a boss in place on the cylinder head ready for filing, drilling and tapping. If anyone has done it, I'd like to know more.

Are you really sure you want to go through the hassle? I never, ever, use the decomp on my 260. Or the one on my 361....and rarely on the 660. And only sometimes on the 090.
Also, I am not a big guy.

don't need it. my 346xp has one and i wish it didn't, but no biggie.
i never used it except to try it out when i first ran the saw.

I should add this note, with honestly no insult intended to the original poster, my girlfriend does use the de-comp valve sometimes (and I might too when I get older).:cheers:

Latest posts

Back