Returned the 5100, brought home a 359

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
455 not bad

I ran one briefly and wouldn't be ashamed to own one. It's a tad bulkier than the 359 but not by any means an inconvenience. I would like to hear more about the Husky 460. If these new ranchers were that Junky, Spike would have let us know. C'mon Spike, Hardnocks. tell us just how many you've had to fix and how many customers returned them.

Was it the same piece of wood that took the 346 like 5 minutes to naw it way through?

LMAO!!!!!!:clap:

:givebeer:

well if it was, it would have only beat the 455 by a slim margin(say maybe the differance between the 346 and 455) seemingly unjustified by the 50% higher price tag.

LMFAO!

:clap:

well if it was, it would have only beat the 455 by a slim margin(say maybe the differance between the 346 and 455) seemingly unjustified by the 50% higher price tag.

LMFAO!

:clap:

I would hope the 455 would pull a 20" better than the 346, the 346 is just a limber imo. You need at least 3 saws anyway.:chainsaw:

I ran one briefly and wouldn't be ashamed to own one. It's a tad bulkier than the 359 but not by any means an inconvenience. I would like to hear more about the Husky 460. If these new ranchers were that Junky, Spike would have let us know. C'mon Spike, Hardnocks. tell us just how many you've had to fix and how many customers returned them.

As long as the 359 is available, there is no reason to EVER buy a 460. Its heavier, has less power, and cannot be modified like the 359. Same goes for the 455. Why would anyone buy that turd when the 353 is available?

As long as the 359 is available, there is no reason to EVER buy a 460. Its heavier, has less power, and cannot be modified like the 359. Same goes for the 455. Why would anyone buy that turd when the 353 is available?

why would anyone buy a 353 when the 5100 is available?

Simple personal preference, i guess that is their reasoning behind buying an inferior saw. lol

why would anyone buy a 353 when the 5100 is available?

Simple personal preference, i guess that is their reasoning behind buying an inferior saw. lol

That and dealer presents. I agree that 5100 would be better than the 353 but if there isn't a dealer near by and you don't want to have to mail order parts the 353 would be a good choice IF you have a good dealer that you can work with.

As for me there isn't much of a dealer network around here but that didn't stop me, I wanted one of the best 50cc saw there is.

Huskyman, because there is a large portion of the market that buys 290/310's 455/460 way more than the more expensive metal crankcased versions. If one doesn't plan on modding or rebuilding the saw, why spend the extra $$ for roughly the same displacement. I would guess there is at least $80 difference between the 460 and 359.

Latest posts

Back