Reusing piston circlips

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dirt bike days are behind me. I still ride street though. Started riding when I was about 9 or so. I've had so many bikes it'd take me a few hours to try and remember them all and make a list. I had two younger brothers (only one now as my youngest brother passed in 2010) and between us, we had over 100 bikes, but not at one time.

My middle brother is still into Maico and M-Star. Same bike, just a new company. He has a total of five I think. Anyways, I used to own a 1972 Suzuki TM-400R Cyclone. It was a frigging beast. I'm sure it was long before your time, but it's reputation was well earned.

I've owned lots of other bikes, some very popular, and some not so much. One of the best was a 1986 Honda XR-600R. I actually had two, but at different times. It would go as slow as you wanted, and still be capable of 100 mph.

Anyways, tons of memories and lots of modifying to some extent or another. And yes, I can turn a wrench or two. ;)

At one point I had 15 dirt bikes alone. Mind you they were all older one I picked up needing work. I usually jump between saws and dirt bikes. Sold them all of cheap cause I was only riding a certain few. My favorite bike of all time to this day was an 86 CR 250. Cooling system was rotting out when I got it from some dip **** running straight water but she lasted right up until a rock went through the bottom of the case :( it had a perfect balance of usable power while still retaining the flip of a switch ballistic powerband I like in a 2 stroke. Although other newer bikes were faster I just can't get over that one. I owned an 87 before it that was peaky compared to it and an 84 after it that kept cracking lower transfer ports from the base up. Ended up rebuilding the POS and getting that transfer welded one final time before resale. Sold it to a guy who did a jump and landed with the throttle pegged. Tranny started making noise and took a **** soon after. I like the 4 strokes better now. Got tired of the on off switch 2 strokes LOL

Love my bikes but my riding days are over.always loved dirt bikes but kind of quit those after I ripped my head loose from my shoulder tillin out the tater patch when I was younger.that hurt pretty bad.lol

Back