Review of Discount online Parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jr27236

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I figure I had to share what I just experienced with the rep who answers the phone at this company. Here's my story:

I was in need of a OEM Partner complete recoil assembly for a K950 that is in almost new shape. Now after searching high and low on the internet for one fitting the bill, I could only come up with totally used/damaged ones or the new Husky "orange" K950 recoil which are readily available in all price ranges and conditions. BUT I wanted the original Partner YELLOW (as I see it). Well I came across one at the website
Discountonlineparts.com. I called and CONFIRMED it was what I was shown on their site and was told it was an NOS Partner part ($108 needless to say) I ordered it and received it quite quickly actually and to my surprise and disappointment got a NEW HUSQVARNA ORANGE as shown in the picture below. So I call CS and get told "I got what I ordered" by the rudest/nastiest CS rep I have EVER dealt with. She said they would take back the return but my trouble and the great debate followed when I asked for a return shipping label as I felt I should not spend a dime of my money on there misrepresentation of what they had in stock. Here below are screen shots of their page BEFORE and AFTER our "conversation" and the last being there current depiction of said part.( which is correct now)Please tell me if I am color blind and what COLORS you think Partner saws are. During our conversation this woman had the nerve to even send me two emails showing what GOOGLE shows as yellow and orange. Apparently this woman who would NOT identify herself or put me through to a manager clearly does not appreciate the fact that she is employed (or may be looking to be fired on the other hand). I am not saying "do not buy from them" as it was a very easy order and I received the part VERY quickly. But I am saying make sure you are clear as to what you are buying because if this woman is the only CS rep they have............good luck.
Please comment and sorry to post it here but figured it would garner most views.
ebdb26ce8defdd1f39821fc76c7ed0f6.jpg
f048807ccc36c44831920b0338a357ef.jpg
8546d50fab69385216981101742a0207.jpg
3d32798f59ad21ff8ab240e018db552c.jpg
6ecc139515910d92e240c8aaa286b8b8.jpg

By credit card. But they say they will do the return and now send me a return shipping label by USPS (we will see of it comes) and then hangs-up on me. I will wait until i receive my label and full refund to truly blast her because they have my money at this point.

Can't believe this person actually arqued the fact over the part when if you look at the origonal listing and the changed listing after our phone call they changed the picture AND the description.

I think everyone has been burned at some point. When it matters, I prefer to go to the brick and mortar shops.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Your right, in this case I exhausted all local leads and even ones through AS. Shame that I had to deal with this person because I would of done a lot more business with them in the future based on the fact of how fast I got the order from TN.

Your right, in this case I exhausted all local leads and even ones through AS. Shame that I had to deal with this person because I would of done a lot more business with them in the future based on the fact of how fast I got the order from TN.
Fire department retired from we had 10 or 12. I know training div had a few downgraded ones and fleet maintenance had some in parts. I'll visit and snoop around if any have nice recoils.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Guess she dont know how to read a IPL

506235903 - This starter assembly contains everything but the screws to bolt the starter to the saw.
506235903 - This Part is now only available in Husqvarna Orange after 12.01.2011.

If you have their address Could you not "Snail Mail a letter"For attention of" to the Md/Ceo of the company &enlighten him/her to the attitude of one of the staff.

Guess she dont know how to read a IPL

506235903 - This starter assembly contains everything but the screws to bolt the starter to the saw.
506235903 - This Part is now only available in Husqvarna Orange after 12.01.2011.
Yea. You would think but they said they had the oem Partner starter...I knew it was too good to be true, so i called and got Mrs. Nasty Incompetent

Never know they may have some NOS. Hope you get lucky.

Just so you know. I priced the cover complete shipped at $77 total online
Thanks . Curious was it a Partner cover or the orange Husky.
I ended up just getting a mint t condition orange Husky for $50 and calling it a day. Now its gonna be a Frankensaw.

UPDATE: since my first post. I emailed the woman back and Monday received not only an apology by email but she followed it with a personal call to my home. She was very sincere(surprisingly) and also refunded my money and told me to keep the part as token of her apology. Nice right? Now I feel bad I got it for free. Lol all I was looking for was a return shipping label on them. Well hopefully it was a learning curve because I was actually excited that I sourced another part supplier that ships so fast. I wish them luck and hope they succeed. Maybe in the future I will give them another try. They deserve another chance after apologising I suppose.

Back