Revolving accounts-clientel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Paul Sanborn

Above average climber
Reaction score
How many of you track how much you gross/net from idividual accounts over time?

Do you look at the time frame you usuualy work for them, try to shift thier work to less productive times?

JPS,

I sell alot of winter work to the regulars. This works not only from the standpoint of filling an otherwise "slow" season, but is also a good way to keep their trees healthy, since dormant season pruning is less stressful than other seasons.

I don't bother with exact accounting of how much the big clients spend with us per year; kind of have an idea in my head, though.

I did last month when doing taxes. Found I need to be nicer to some people. I wish I could shift the time frame but they are property maintenance companies. When they want something, usually clearance or hazardous removal, I jump and do it now, bill them, and add a little extra for being so prompt.

Due to the extreme utility nature of the work, I can't shift it easily. Usually a graveyard dead tree over a parking area - I am always thinking - You didn't notice it was dead 2 years ago or did it just die and the bark ran away to another tree?

Told a lady I could come give her a pruning bid tommorrow. She said, so if you do the bid, then you start right away if we accept right? I told her it would be a few day to a week at best before the work could be done. She just said, I was hoping to have it done before tommorrow afternoon because we are gardening then. Some people - saved me a drive.

Well ma'am we can reschedle todays work for you if it is an emergancy and bill on time. We charge $75 per man hour with 4 hour minimum. We would have to send out a 3 man crew not having seen the site.

Back