Rigging Blocks & Pulleys???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+Aussie,
Thank you very much. In your last statement you summed yourself up pretty well. Around here we would call your type a hack. With an attitude of only being in this business for the quick buck, w/ no real interest in actually caring for trees. Maybe you can find a site called Treebutchers.com, might fit your approach to tree care a little better.
Aussie quote, "you obviously dont get it,using cruches saves time,labour."
Actually I do get it. I grew up in this businesss, my father runs a company very similar to what i picture yours being like. I've been down that road, finally a new path came and now i can actually respect the business i'm in. This is something i could have never achieved working for that kind of company.

Whats the deal, Daniel? Dis me every chance you get? If it makes you feel superior, go ahead. I'm willing to help you in your time of need.
MB
OK.. here's the deal...
I don't mean any disrespect.... and I don't consider myself superior to you.. In the shape I AM in today... you could probably climb circles around me...
And I do KNOW that "my" new school techniques superior to your old school techniques...
I long for the day I get to read a post from you saying something to the effect that "the lightbulb has gone off and now you get what we all were talking about"... Everyone's gotta have a mission in life and I, perhaps misguidedly, have picked transforming the world, one old school climber at a time... and your the climber on the table now.. So I push and prod and poke and kick a little... but you're a tough nut to crack...
So maybe I should just break down and send you $40 in gear... except to really get the full effect you need a spliced eye climbing rope too, which is getting a little pricey... Or perhaps we could take up a collection and have Sherrill send you the rope and gear...

not being a smart ass but i have two climbers how work part time for me both hard nuts one has 17yrs exp the other same age as me 12 years residentual removals never worked for a company with a tower the older guy was dux of best tree college in aust and regulary gets called into the city to do the to hard trees he doesnt even own a pulley that i know of we had a laugh about him retiring his glazed workline the other day after a bit of ribing,so what if im in trees mainly to do removals after working my ass off for 100pr day for tight ass companys with ???? equipment. and i can give my mates work for good money

Originally posted by murphy4trees
I've been meaning to put together a picyure book of co-dom failures to sell cabling work... that shot would probably make the cover....OUCH...

Sounds good, you soon to be famous and published writer. I normally expect $1500 for a cover shot, but since you're such a great fella, I'll give you one time rights for........

.....um..

your sister?

Uh oh, back to hiding

Originally posted by TreeJunkie
I don't believe that was directed toward you MB. Thanks for the smart comment though.

Forgive me, mate. I was pi$$ed from yur spur comment on another thread... I musta missed the smilie, or something.

Imagine that... tree climbers argueing with each other!!!:blob2:

:D

You can do lowering without a pulley and brake, the question is, why would you?

It's simply faster and easier with the proper equipment than without. My ground crew complains on those occasions I don't set proper lowering equipment, which isn't often. Their job is hard enough, why make it worse?

The old school/new school thing is not really about what method is better, it's about the old schooler not being willing to even try the new techniques, yet still insisting their method is better.
Now if you try new school, really give a technique a fair chance, then decide it doesn't work as well, then I can respect that. Espescially if you can put into words why you don't feel it has advantages.

A great example is Rocky J's use of false crotches on his climbing line. He tried them, decided it wasn't for him at this time and went back. He explained what it was he didn''t like, and I respect him for that, even if I don't agree.

This horse pooky, "I ain't never used no fancy rigging gear and I'm the best climber in four contries!", is just so stupid.

For the record, the stupid comment was aimed at aussie_lopa and Mb. Personally I think you guys are ok, just don't respect your attitude about progressive tree work.

i find it makes it easier on ground crew on most occasions if there is a three man crew including climber the extra friction points lead to virtualy no raping,or if one groundie is suspending weight the other can pull the piece where you want it with the climber holding some friction on final decent too easy. no extra ropes no extra nothin just a few crutches that are already there

lowering big pieces will be generally in a big tree with big crutches i think its the new school who have trouble getting there head around it

another climbing crew i know that sub doing powerlines were moaning about having to spikeless climb eucs for trims,the small guy who is always thinking how to do it easier either climbs up the back of them,away from side most likely to be seen in the audit or climbs up and then gets the spikes sent up.

Poor Gear an training

Thats probably because...if its like Tassie..they get minimal gear and training.Probably dont use throwlines or a bigshot etc and its all producity based ...so much per trim etc.Here in north Tassie we have so much within the 1 meter clearance of HV thats its only a matter of time before we have bad fires.

im hearing you on that we used to do 4m then 7m clearance to the sky there is only 1-3 m now they will simply go back to that after a fire or insurance problems and get hourly rate tenders with all the big companys cutting each others throats to do it, i was getting 100 pr span a few years back making real money but now all the overhang is getting back there its simply not worth it if they suddenly get serious which there known for and want it done to the letter you would be working for less than nothing

Latest posts

Back