Rivers Great PNW Chainsaw adventure!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unghhhh!!!!!

You know if he would have planned this better I could be sharing the driving with him.:cheers: Wait till he sees this.

Wow mow,,, I couldn't have planned it any other way,,, the dates for the seminar the first three days was already set,,,, and the SAA (Spomdylitis Association of America) paid for the round trip Airfare to LA and the4 room for the Weekend............ and it just happended to coincide with my Sons Liberty so that was a slam dunk,,,,,
then I have business for my real job back SE of LA on the 15th,,,, But I wish you could be here helping me drive,,,,,,,,

Wow well teah more wow!!!! saw report it turns out the 066 woodsport that I did the way I moved the port timing it likes a little more than stock Rpm to really perform but it does run really well i just habeto manage with my sprokects and chain selection so I will leave it as is.........

The Project 044 WOW Again.................. 15.1K and it will pull a 8 pin sprocket 36" w/semiskip in rock maple and dropped to 10.4 with all but about 4-6" of the bar buried in the cut,,,,,,,, Nice I hope,,,, LAKE WILL SHOW ME HOW TO LOAD PICS,,,,,,,, cause I do have some in the camera,,,,,

Headed north,,,,,,,

Lake check your PM,s

Last edited:
Now Mow,,,, I wouldn't even consider harming one litltle feather!!! L0L

I shoulda never went in there,,,, they got everything you could ever want +++++ then some... infact a Wrap MS660 PHO <900.00 sure is tempting,,,,:heart: w/32" bar is like 910.00

Cleaned and tore down the 044 project saw last night and the bottom end was nice!!
had already pressure & vacuum tested when I was back in Texas to determine project candidacy prior to shipping, Dean is working over the 460 Stihl Jug...

will tune the RR'2ed woodsported 066 today

I know, I know, THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITH OUT PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and some of the photos were downloaded last night yet to be resized.... :givebeer: :givebeer: can one adjust the camera to resize them before they are taken????? :bang: :bang: :bang: the Techno dunce is at it again,,,,,

Then I stihl have to post em!!!!!!!! :dizzy:

Must finish this stuff and get to Seattle,,,,

Sounds like yer havin' fun RR, on the camera thingy, to put it very simply if you have a setting on your camera that allows you to take different amounts of pictures, set it to take the most it can or back off 1 setting, this will give you the smallest resolution. When you save them to your PC use 'Save As' and choose jpeg. option, this will bring them down some more too in many cases.

:cheers:

It's O.K. Mow - he's having plently of fun without you...:hmm3grin2orange:

But I'll let him tell the story...

I'll take the camera from him tomorrow.. yep, techology and RR? hmmm...

Last edited:
Finally out of LA,,,, in fact setting in Ashland Oregon this morning having coffee and trying to wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!! After A logging truck (probably coming out of the patch Tree Slinger's working) loaded to the gills was coming down the hill and was on the jake brake initially disturbing my slumber in the truck parking lane as I was just in to Oregon,,,

Talked to Treeslinger last night and we couldn't hook up :bang:
Talked to Dean too and he made me laugh so its all good!!!!!

Sent the Freshly modded 066 (for fine tuning) and a project 044 (12mm version) ahead to Dean last week and will get up with him later this evening,,,,,, and post some pix,,, going to Madsens today to do some shopping and take logging and tree pix to post this evening

gotta get back driving!!!!!!!!!!!:hmm3grin2orange: :chainsawguy: :blob2:

I used to live in Ashland. It was a fun town when I was first married (1997 -1999). I'm sure it still is fun, but it would take some getting used to. Real liberal in Ashland. I was back there in Feb of this year.

I have pics

Test pic - just for Manual...

Andy Dumpster diving....

attachment.php

See if I can do one more for Aggie wood butcher

Went Dumpster diving with Andy today,,,, I gazed upon the mist beautiful Orange and white 041 I've ever laid my Eyes on,,,, However this particular saw was NOT in a dumpster,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Just Mow are you sitting down!!!!!!! New old stock,,,This saw has never been fired except maybe on the day it was tested @ the factory in Germany

attachment.php

Went Dumpster diving with Andy today,,,, I gazed upon the mist beautiful Orange and white 041 I've ever laid my Eyes on,,,, However this particular saw was NOT in a dumpster,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Just Mow are you sitting down!!!!!!! New old stock,,,This saw has never been fired except maybe on the day it was tested @ the factory in Germany

attachment.php

Did you gas 'er up and run 'er? :laugh:

attachment.php

Is it coming back with you as a gift from Andy to me. Is that what you are trying to tell me. Wow, look at that beauty. Bring it back.:clap: :clap:

Sheesh!!!!! Mule?????

I did not have that kind of money on me,,,,, the only way to run that saw was to buy it out right,,,,,,, This place had so many saws and stuff it was unreal!!!!

I have to run now getting ready to go to Sequim in the morning for the logging show.... ran my woodsported 066 in some of the downed doug fir from the winters big windstorm @ Andys today,,, it did well I was happy,,,

we met 028 Super from AS website today We helped him with a problem he was having,,, he was a really nice guy!!!!!

Be posting more pix in a a day or so, Now that andy showed me how :monkey: :monkey: :cheers: :cheers:

He's got some really good Beer BTW That Andy is a Class Act!!!!!!!!!!!

Great people,,, beautiful couple him and Mrs. Cindy

I did not have that kind of money on me,,,,, the only way to run that saw was to buy it out right,,,,,,, This place had so many saws and stuff it was unreal!!!!

I have to run now getting ready to go to Sequim in the morning for the logging show.... ran my woodsported 066 in some of the downed doug fir from the winters big windstorm @ Andys today,,, it did well I was happy,,,

we met 028 Super from AS website today We helped him with a problem he was having,,, he was a really nice guy!!!!!

Be posting more pix in a a day or so, Now that andy showed me how :monkey: :monkey: :cheers: :cheers:

He's got some really good Beer BTW That Andy is a Class Act!!!!!!!!!!!

Great people,,, beautiful couple him and Mrs. Cindy

You are just having way too much fun.:cheers: :bowdown: :cheers:

Back