Rivers Great PNW Chainsaw adventure!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's starting to develop a taste.. said at the tailgate party.. "the one yesterday was better this one..." but couldn't name either:dizzy:

The guys just needs practice... heck, he drinks Bub, and came to the PNW in a WHITE convertible MUSTANG, Nevada plates... Maybe this doesn't mean much to you, but, well.... let's just say the car was "unique" in Seqium... ;)

When he gets back to Texas he will be driving around in his big ol 4x4, I guess he thought he might stop off in Hollywood with the stang :laugh:

The guys just needs practice... heck, he drinks Bub, and came to the PNW in a WHITE convertible MUSTANG, Nevada plates... Maybe this doesn't mean much to you, but, well.... let's just say the car was "unique" in Seqium... ;)

Right, this is more like it......wait, that's my truck!

attachment.php

Camo tint on all the BACK windows. I wonder what that's for....:D

Hmph....I wish! Actually, it's for privacy in hiding my guns, fly rods, dog, etc. It's also nice for camping. On a road trip, you can stop in a parking lot somewhere and take a nap, and no one can see inside.

Come to think of it, I have used it for that other thing once or twice.....:angel:

....it's just been a while. :( :cry:

Hey,,,,

He's starting to develop a taste.. said at the tailgate party.. "the one yesterday was better this one..." but couldn't name either:dizzy:

I knew it wouldn't take long for the slammin to get started,,,,, Sheesh!!!

hated to leave the forecast is for 90* today,,,,, I miss the PNW already!!!!

After the show I stopped on Port Angeles and had a greatg dinner Hood Canal Oysters and Dungeness Crab!!!!! MMMM''' Yummy!!!!! amd wshed it down with a cold mirror pond as well!!!!

At least you know the name of one good beer to order!!! You must feel like me in a French restaurant when they bring the wine list:hmm3grin2orange:

Hey FHCW!!!!!

Yeah, it doesn't get alot of attention next to the Black Butte Porter, Pyramid Hefeweizen, Alaskan Amber, etc.....

Bud and Heiny are just there to make the beer section at the store look full.

Mmmmm....Rogue Chocolate Stout!

You wont believe it,,,, Down here in Hemet, CA I found some Black Butte Porter @ the supermarket :bowdown: :dizzy: :dizzy: That's some Bad AZZed,,,brew,,,, after three of them in a row I dont need to be drivin

Speakin of in a row,,,, here is a common sight you will find if you spend any time in the woods in the PNW,,,they are called Nurselogs here is a pic of one of many that I photo'ed,,,, this is just one example for the case for Long bars and fullwrap handles here,,,, This particular photo is of an old growth stump (green bush growing in it) at the rear of the photo that was either harvested in the late 1890's
or just after the turn of the last century if you look close you will notice the tree stumps from recent harvest on the right that are all in a row a bit,, have funny root systems that have runners,,, the reason is they were sprouted on the remains of the old top that was left laying from the old stump,,,, it was common in the old days that if the upper part of the tree had a defect of any kind the loggers would leave it laying and only actually took the bottom section, say 40 foot,,, and the old top was left and as it rots away after time new seedlings sprout in the decaying top,,,, The photo does not do it justice but if you look close you can see the gap between the stump and the off spring that was harvested later or next grotwh. this phenomenon does elevate the stumps of the remaing or offspring trees furthering the need of having a full wrap handle for felling and longer bars and skip chain,,,,,,
attachment.php

Last edited:
Yeah, it doesn't get alot of attention next to the Black Butte Porter, Pyramid Hefeweizen, Alaskan Amber, etc.....

Bud and Heiny are just there to make the beer section at the store look full.

Mmmmm....Rogue Chocolate Stout!

You wont believe it,,,, Down here in Hemet, CA I found some Black Butte Porter @ the supermarket :bowdown: :dizzy: :dizzy: That's some Bad AZZed,,,brew,,,, after three of them in a row I dont need to be drivin

Speakin of in a row,,,, here is a common sight you will find if you spend any time in the woods in the PNW,,,they are called Nurselogs here is a pic of one of many that I photo'ed,,,, this is just one example for the case for Long bars and fullwrap handles here,,,, This particular photo is of an old growth stump (green bush growing in it) at the rear of the photo that was either harvested in the late 1890's
or just after the turn of the last century if you look close you will notice the tree stumps from recent harvest on the right that are all in a row a bit,, have funny root systems that have runners,,, the reason is they were sprouted on the remains of the old top that was left laying from the old stump,,,, it was common in the old days that if the upper part of the tree had a defect of any kind the loggers would leave it laying and only actually took the bottom section, say 40 foot,,, and the old top was left and as it rots away after time new seedlings sprout in the decaying top,,,, The photo does not do it justice but if you look close you can see the gap between the stump and the off spring that was harvested later or next grotwh. this phenomenon does elevate the stumps of the remaing or offspring trees furthering the need of having a full wrap handle for felling and longer bars and skip chain,,,,,,
attachment.php

You had way too much fun.:cheers:

It's only just begun:cheers: ...

I won't be able to talk to him anymore his head is going to be so full that he wont be able to comprehend what anybody is saying to him :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

I won't be able to talk to him anymore his head is going to be so full that he wont be able to comprehend what anybody is saying to him :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

You act as if this is new.:dizzy: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Just kidding, Rick.:cheers:

been in Hemet since Monday late afternoon,,,

What are you doing in Hemet? I live about 40 miles from Hemet.

getting some flowmeter component parts repaired at a place there called McCrometer,,, first time we did business with them and I had to to the quality inspection of their facility,,,pretty nice outfit,,,, well over 100k worth of value on the parts repaired,,,:clap: :clap: :clap: got a red eye in the morning out of LAX leaving here @ 0400 to beat the traffic...

Back