Roadside tree, what do you think?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, the girl is recovering. She is walking around again and back with her family. She's still working on getting her speech back. I doubt she will ever get back to where she was before.

The city actually never got sued in this case (yet). The family ended up filing suit against the last company that pruned the tree, instead. The city does not have the resources to prune all their own trees so they contract the work out to private companies. In this way the city farms out their hazard inspections.

RedlineIt said:
OK, WHAT is with the dishes in the cavity?

On a country road in farmland?

Any ideas, Ekka? Bowls and saucers, very odd.

RedlineIt

Hmmm, I kept thinking ... Blair witch project :rolleyes:

Maybe the locals put food on the plates for some critters and actually I'm surprised there was no attempted fire in it by vandals.

Send a boom truck with a current dielectrically tested boom and two good certified utility arborists who can climb and use the truck. From the boom shorten the branches heading towards the line with a tested trim saw, then cut them back to the trunk with an 020 and throw them down to the chipper. When the boom has reached its limit (60-70 ft.?), get one guy to climb out of the bucket and onto the tree, he can climb it to a little top and throw it all down while the other chips. No mystery, done it many times.

I'm with you on that one ... sounds good, I'd rather be cutting than clearing all the crap up.

Latest posts

Back