Roadway clearing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzz 880

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I cut a road this winter 2 miles long 50 feet wide skidded all the wood burned the brush and hauled the logs away.Just wondering what you guy's think this would be worth?

if i remember right, you're up north of huntsville? i'd think about $40/hr

not likely for $40 an hour for man chainsaw skidder?I spent an extra three full days moving tree length from half way out to the end of the road 10 tree's to the hitch.

Impossible to give an estimate on the details provided. How thick was the bush? How many trees per meter and what size? How many days did it take to do? How many guys you have working? Did you just have to flush cut or did you have to stump as well? What kinda of equipment did you use?

Impossible to give an estimate on the details provided. How thick was the bush? How many trees per meter and what size? How many days did it take to do? How many guys you have working? Did you just have to flush cut or did you have to stump as well? What kinda of equipment did you use?

Brush just had to slashed down anything 6 inch and up was skidded.No idea how many tree's per meter timber was of good size 12 inch to 28inch almost all hard wood.I work alone and stumps were left behind for the road building crew.equipment used chainsaw,skidder,log truck.

Figure $2500 an acre if you are getting value out of the wood. $3500 an acre if someone else is reaping the benefits of your labor. That's how it works around my area. It may be different for you. Fuel costs on long turns will push the costs up. Shorter turns increase your production and reduce fuel costs.

Figure $2500 an acre if you are getting value out of the wood. $3500 an acre if someone else is reaping the benefits of your labor. That's how it works around my area. It may be different for you. Fuel costs on long turns will push the costs up. Shorter turns increase your production and reduce fuel costs.

I don't know what colored fuel is worth right now but i went to fill my pick up last night and diesel was 1.35.9 a liter.I'm going to have to buy a small truck fuel is killing me.

Back