Rollclip or revolver?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hosocat

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Any thoughts on petzl roll clip vs dmm revolver? Dmm Revolver has the pully at the "top" of the biner, and petzl roll clip has the pully at the "bottom" of the biner. Does this have an effect on ways they can be used?

Do you want to clip the anchor first or the rope? Petzl is better for rope first, DMM is easier to get the rope in and out of while still attached to something else.
I think the sheave diameter is slightly larger on the Petzl RollClip.

Not really sure how I'd use it. I had in mind rigging up a 3:1 on my rope when traversing, but don't have anything concrete in mind.

I think that is the primary application for the RollClip. I believe the Revolver was designed to reduce rope drag on long, wandering rock climbs.

I have used both for crevasse rescue. Revolver is faster 3:1, 9:1 etc. the RollClip is nice for 2:1. I bet it would be very nice for hauling bags on a big wall or giant trees.

I’ve seen people use them both for cambium savers and as midline SRT canopy anchors.

Latest posts

Back