rope logic wire core adjuster tips?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldtoolsnewproblems

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I got myself one of those rope logic wire core lanyards for climbing on spurs, and I really can't get the hang of this adjuster. does anyone have any tips on getting it to slide easier? I added a swivel so at least I can palm it easier, as previously it was always facing the wrong way, also I have to say almost nothing fits that eye nicely, but the petzle swivel thankfully did. but even with it facing in the "ideal" direction i can't choke it up easily. adding slack is a little easier IF i haven't loaded it heavily before then, but still not anywhere near as nice as I had hoped. makes me spring for my rope lanyard all the time, but i'd rather stick to this guy when using a saw for that extra saftey.
1707078437569.png

wire core offers ZERO additional safety over a rope lanyard just FYI, only thing those will stop is a handsaw and even that is sketchy, ive knicked mine with a silky before...

the "rope grab" style adjusters don't slide easily under tension, one hand to pull yourself to the tree, other hand to tail it, for extending, one hand to pull to the tree, other hand to squeeze cam, and lean back till its where you want, if anything you want it to have more friction than you think, otherwise the weight of the tail will pull it tighter as you flip the flipline

may want to replace the grab, ART makes a cam for the positioner thats made for wire core, or get a GIBBS, also a pinto pulley and some friction cord works fine too

Why are you posting this in the rec climbing forum?

Fixed. Moved to Arbor101

By the way: Wire fliplines are definitely safer with chainsaws than an all-fabric lanyard. They just are not "chainsaw-proof". See videos below.

As to slacking the adjuster? I think you will probably do fine with a little bit of practice. You should find that letting the adjuster slide out is a one-handed operation.

To add length: Stand on your feet/spurs, take the pressure off the lanyard enough to open the rope-grab with your hand, then gently slide down to the length you prefer. Release when you get to the correct length.

Taking up the slack should also be one-handed, but you would need to grab the tail and pull it up and away from the adjuster.

https://www.arboristsite.com/threads/wire-core-lanyard-vs-nonwire-core.9576/page-2

Latest posts

Back