Root Grapple vs. Root Rake Grapple

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like and have that style grapple vs the "frostbite" or the "rake" style.
The twin "lids" (grapples) are much better accommodating odd loads and the long "floor" or bottom is beneficial cleaning up brush, tops stumps, etc.
Select the "beefiest" unit that your machine can handle without severely compromising the carrying capacity (limited by your machines capacity). Abuse is just the nature of this very versatile and powerful tool.

Go look at ea wicked grapples, some of the best money can buy. Very well built too. Pros and cons to both styles.
https://www.everythingattachments.com/Tractor-Root-Grapples-s/10568.htm
EA seems to be headed out of business so only buy if you find a used one or one you’re physically standing in front of.

I have a tine style grapple currently and love it. I’ve had brush rake and skeleton style grapples and the tine grapple suits my needs best. I load everything from scrap metal to logs and manure with it and everything in between.
IMG_0707.jpeg

I used it for about 8 minutes and decided the tines needed to be flipped so they would act more like skis instead of digging in the ground. Works amazing to use as a brush rake now that I did this !!
2023-07-07 14.23.59.jpeg

It’s a beast and I’d buy it again but I doubt I’ll ever destroy it.
IMG_0706.jpeg

Your Kubota M4800 will likely be happier with a less heavy unit. This one weighs in at 1325lbs empty. That’s still a decent sized tractor so I would definitely buy something built well !!

EA seems to be headed out of business so only buy if you find a used one or one you’re physically standing in front of.

I have a tine style grapple currently and love it. I’ve had brush rake and skeleton style grapples and the tine grapple suits my needs best. I load everything from scrap metal to logs and manure with it and everything in between.
View attachment 1157651

I used it for about 8 minutes and decided the tines needed to be flipped so they would act more like skis instead of digging in the ground. Works amazing to use as a brush rake now that I did this !!
View attachment 1157652

It’s a beast and I’d buy it again but I doubt I’ll ever destroy it.
View attachment 1157653

Your Kubota M4800 will likely be happier with a less heavy unit. This one weighs in at 1325lbs empty. That’s still a decent sized tractor so I would definitely buy something built well !!
That's too bad, I hadn't heard they were having issues.

I got the heavy duty model from stinger for my JD6430 best thing I have bought. Very handy. Get 2 jaws and pay attention to how they’re built I have seen some light ones bend where they connect to the frame and pivot

Back