Rope Pullers !!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use it all the time for pulling over standing deadwood and leaners.
I`m very happy with it.

Ok, I'll say it. I have no idea what it is :confused: But hey I'm always looking for new tools to make this job easier/safer. Where can I find a picture or litature

rwilk

I had purchased one of those a number of years ago. They are great at what they do. My only two complaints are that 1. they are a bit of a pain to set up initially (threading the rope through the system) and 2) I find it a bit tricky to let tension out of the system. Otherwise, great tool.

I`ve never had a problem with threading the rope.
I place the rope around the spool and back under then use the handle to advance the rope.
Once the rope is through it will free spool if you disengage the dog and then hold the lock open.
The type of rope you use is important.

Really the only time I have a problem with threading the rope through there is when the end of the rope is coming apart. Otherwise its ok. I have used up to 5/8" line on mine before.

Is Maasdam a US company? Does anyone have a contact address for them? I really want one of these, but so far I haven't been able to find a stockist in the UK. I'd like to know if they have a distributor over here.

I have one that I pull out on occasion. Not an everyday tool, but one that I am glad I have. It is SLOW to set up, & slow to pull, but it has saved me on many occasions when pulling a leaner and I couldn't use the truck. I've never used it to raise limbs becasue I think it is too slow, but I have heard that others use it like that.
It says to use 1/2 3strand, and that really works best, but I have also used 1/2 dbl braid ---bunches up the outer, no good.
and have used it on arborplex quite a bit. Arborplex works very well on it. The good thing about it is that I doubt that you will ever snap a rope with it because it will allow the rope to start slipping when it gets overloaded.
Right now the bottom frame of mine is bent, not sure how that happened. This thread reminded me so I called them told them what was bent (ratchet guard) and they are sending me a new one for free, I don't even have to pay shipping!! That is a good company!!! ---The thing is really built rock solid, I have no idea how I bent this?? Go buy one, use it once and it has paid for itself, not too hard at $60.00.
Greg

You thread the end of the rope then secure the end.
You then walk the rope through the puller as fast as you can walk or run to where you want to anchor and pull from.
I wouldn`t considerate it to be all that slow.
One caution is don`t start ratcheting away without guiding the rope or the rope might get pinched and you could damage the rope.

Back