Rotate bar?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks Funny

Yeah, if you don't understand saws, it looks funny to see the name upside down, so it is easy to assume that something is 'not right'.

The names could be written in a mirror format, so they are always right side up, or printed differently on each side of the bar so that one side is always right side up.

But they probally sell more replacement bars this way, and more experienced users don't care, so . . .

Philbert

Yeah, if you don't understand saws, it looks funny to see the name upside down, so it is easy to assume that something is 'not right'.

The names could be written in a mirror format, so they are always right side up, or printed differently on each side of the bar so that one side is always right side up.

But they probally sell more replacement bars this way, and more experienced users don't care, so . . .

Philbert
The ones i use now don't have any paint left on them to see the name.

The ones i use now don't have any paint left on them to see the name.

Paint? What paint?, New bars here are wire wheeled/soft-packed, polished to a mirror finish. In theroy :dizzy: the bar will cool better, not become gummy/tachy/sticky in the cut. Able to see bad procedures by the blue colors.
Also the back notch is cut out to be able to loosen the bar nuts & slide off [may have to break the chain with a wedge]. Ever misjudged the lean/rot when falling & had one set back /pinch the bar.:jawdrop:

I try to remember to flip & clean the bar evey other tank.
Makes a nice break for a check over, plan the next cuttings , and to catch my wind.

All my stihl and gb bars were painted or powder coated and with a painted logo. A couple of the stihl bars still have a little left. A long time ago i always liked to keep a new painted bar on. Now i feel like if it's looking new and has all the paint and logo, It's not gettin used enough.

Last edited:
I flip every time I tickle the chain.
when and if you have a new drive sprocket and bar fitted to you saw buy three new chains and rotate them. wear will slow down on the bar and sprocket.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back