Rotator valve on a bucket truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgreanbeans

Treeaculterologist
Reaction score
I have a bad leak on the rotator valve, cant read the numbers on it, and just destroyed my book. Anybody have a ops manual for a Hi-Ranger xt-55? Need to make sure I get the right one. Its the valve under the tower, connected to the main bearing, suspended over the tank. The seal at the bottom is leaking REAL bad, does not have enough signal pressure to operate the boom from the bucket.
Please, if any of you have one, look in your book for a part number! PLEASE!
Ill send a nudy pic of me in my harness for the help.

You mean the hydraulic swivel that allows for continuous rotation? How many ports are on it?

I got it man, thanks. Found a place in Michigan that has one, its called a solo valve.
Cheaper to replace, than to rebuild, so I am told, have not heard the price yet. All they need is my serial number. Gonna give it to them today, hopefully it wont be too much!
Another reason to stay away from Schmidtys in Clinton,Ill. I called them, and you would think, after buying 2 trucks from them, that they would help. Not even! Acted as if I was asking for top secret info? They are supposed to give you a manual for everything when you buy a truck, they didn't. When I called about it, they said sure, then gave me a price! Aholes!
I-80 equip can help too, but he told me straight up it would be cheaper for me to go the other route, that was nice of him. They get my business here in about a month when I get a new truck!

Yup, that's how a lot of those places are. All they want is the sale. No support afterward. And yes it is an OSHA/ANSI requirement that the manuals go with the truck!

Glad you got things sorted out!

sgreanbeans-I have the same truck and it seems to have the same problem. It whines when the valve is open, and I have noticed it leaking(just a drip at a time) when the valve is open. I have been having my groundie open it when I need it and immediately close it until the next time I want to rotate, but know I'm going to have to address it sooner or later. Think you could shoot me the deets on you MI hook up?

Back