Rounded Leaves, Thick Bark, Yellow inside, Sap = ? (Pics)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you could be right... That's the hedgiest looking bush I've ever seen!!! How big do they get?
Are they a tree??? Or a bush?

Most grow like a lilac bush, lots of small suckers. I kill the suckers because its in a confined area. The main branch is about 35 years old. Grows about 15ft tall. Definite unique smell and sap in the wood.

Most grow like a lilac bush, lots of small suckers. I kill the suckers because its in a confined area. The main branch is about 35 years old. Grows about 15ft tall. Definite unique smell and sap in the wood.

If the OP can confirm the puffball flowers instead of the green "monkey brains", you got a 6 million point rep bomb comin'...

The leaves in the very first post look a lot more like smoke bush than osage orange. I just never imagined smoke bush could ever get so BIG! Those logs certainly seem to be several inches in diameter.

I'm in process of trying to get some before pictures and maybe a video. It's confirmed that the tree did not grow tall(over 30 feet) and that it did not have berries on it. More like puffy balls. Stay tuned. Thanks for the interest in this with me.

The leaves in the very first post look a lot more like smoke bush than osage orange. I just never imagined smoke bush could ever get so BIG! Those logs certainly seem to be several inches in diameter.

Agreed... There was no visible tip like most Hedge leaves have... But I never would have thought a bush would get what appeared to be 10" dia???
:dizzy:

Still trying to get that photo of the Tree standing up.

Here's a few more pics. Used a Chainsaw on one of them today. Wow. Check out the moisture meter pic.(last 2 are a different tree obviously)

IMAG0799.jpg

IMAG0800.jpg

IMAG0801.jpg

IMAG0809.jpg

If the OP can confirm the puffball flowers instead of the green "monkey brains", you got a 6 million point rep bomb comin'...

I've tried answering this question on my own before posting w/ no luck, but... Are the rep points or credits on here worth anything??
Or, are they just worthless gimmicks like the Best Buy rewards, whatever ####'s Sporting Goods calls their "points", & Sears has something similar. I carried those cards into the stores for years, had them scanned w/ every purchase, never saw a penny payback...

I've tried answering this question on my own before posting w/ no luck, but... Are the rep points or credits on here worth anything??
Or, are they just worthless gimmicks like the Best Buy rewards, whatever ####'s Sporting Goods calls their "points", & Sears has something similar. I carried those cards into the stores for years, had them scanned w/ every purchase, never saw a penny payback...

Rep is just a cyber "attaboy"...
Points have AS value to color threads and what not...

Rep is just a cyber "attaboy"...
Points have AS value to color threads and what not...

Thanx for the info, now, if I could only get any of the pic imbed threads/ help to work on my 'puter, I'd be happy. If not, somebody more savvy than me always fixes them for me.

To those who said it was "Smoke Tree or Bush", I might have to congratulate you soon. 90% sure thats what it is.. Information slowly getting to me from my folks who live 20 miles away. LOL..

When speaking to them today, first they said he remembers a "cloudy" look.. I mentioned smoke bush today and a light bulb went off. He said thats exactly what it looked like. Cloud of smoke.

I still would like to see it standing as Im sure some of you would too.

Latest posts

Back