Royal Flush Chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rotax Robert

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Forget your Full-House sawchain, Here is a Royal Flush chain of 86 drivers and teeth. I still have a ways to go on the modifying of the chain since I have'nt started that yet. I don't know how it will cut or even if it will at all, but what the heck if you don't try it you wont know. I am also building one for Gypo which will be a 2 pair chain. 86 drivers and 4 cutters, 2 left/2right.

Last edited:
Here is another outstanding pic by Rotax Robert who took his photgraphy lessons from JL who got his from DB.

Last edited:
Do you anticipate a chip clearance problem?

Its an intriguing idea.

What do you do, buy parts by the bag and put them together, or modify stock chain.

You know the idea occured to me that you might put every other pair of cutters and drive links backwards, then when the chain got dull one way, you could just turn it around and go again.

I did'nt invent it, just trying it out on smaller pitch chain...by the way who is calling who bored when you have 3639 posts to date.
You are right however, it some what mundane to build a chain by hand but the weather and beer is cold and the fire is warm out here in the Barrage.

Good going Robert. Have you patented the idea yet?
I didnt want to expose all your ideas, but the boys will be interested in your Tropical chainsaw, as opposed to an Arctic.
With the Royal Flush and the Tropical saw your good to go in almost any climate.
Gypo

carhartted, I think it took about 12 or 15 beers to spin up inotherwords about 1 day.

Gypo nice Artic saw, I am currently working on the tropical saw as well as a full race version called the microwave. I still cant get the microwave saw to run just right though, but D.B. has since diagnossed the problem to incorrect time settings, It seems that I had reversed the AM to PM as well as forgot about daylight savings time. Timing these saws can be a real bear especially when the on/off switch keeps flashing and beeping. This can make it quite hard to hear when you really have it in the pipe.

Here is a test I ran this afternoon with the Royal Flush Chain. Times were somewhat slow due to fact that I was running a Greffardized 046 with a 16" bar 3/8" pitch .050

Full comp 2.65

Royal Flush chain 60 drive and 60 teeth

This was thru a 13" alder measuring 41.375" in circumfrence...now here is a farm boss

Last edited:
yeah those times seem a little slow...why didn' t you get a real operator on the powerhead...someone a bit quicker...like Gypo...ripping the test log....

*singing* to the tune of "Joyride" by Roxette

"Hit a tree out of nowhere...jumped in front of my car...
heading home from the pow wow, and looking for a bar..."

Robert,
Next time do a closeup at the highest resolution you can. I had to resort to upsampling with Genuine Fractals just to crop it and blow it up this big without losing all of the detail. Looks kind of like a painting, but it gets the point across. I thought you were kidding about this. Guess not.

Seldom do I joke when it comes to cuttin wood unless I have had a beer or three. I think I can get much better results from a larger powerhead as the saw does pull down with that many teeth in the cut. Art told me it would but I have'nt put that setup on my 088 KD yet.

It may be time wasted when all is said and done but what the heck if we didnt experiment we all would still be living in caves.
more tests are to come.

Here is a chain that I have been working on for Gypo. He asked me for a 2 Pair chain that he could use incase he needed to bluff and did'nt want to use his Martin Race chain. There are 2 pair but for clarity I could not get the other 2 teeth in the frame since they were 30 drivers away from this pair.

Last edited:
Isn't that the chain that Gypo had you make so he wouldn't pull his Greffardized 357 (with a 14" bar) below 5,000 RPM when cutting an 8" balsawood cant?

Nope it's actually the chain off of my old 088 JB weld hotsaw...the saw bogged and I had to reduce the number of teeth just to get it started.

Latest posts

Back