Runnin' Loads

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
290 horse Cummins 855?
Huh, the M35 I ran didn't get near that for fuel mileage. Barely even 1/2 that actually.

I looked at a few but the 10-15k price tag was not happening. I paid 5k for my International. GVWR of 60,000lbs, truck is about 20k, so could haul in theory around 8 cords of wood.
The 5 ton is rated for what on the highway?
My M35A3C has a 3116 Cat with Allison Automatic. I paid $8k for it with under 8000 miles on the truck and much less on the drivetrain. The 5 tons have the 855 Cummins and get 4 - 5 mpg.

Turned cold here in a hurry but not frozen up yet .

20161210_143252.jpg

Right down to the front axle , had to reload the load lol

20161210_143245.jpg

Huh, the M35 I ran didn't get near that for fuel mileage. Barely even 1/2 that actually.

I looked at a few but the 10-15k price tag was not happening. I paid 5k for my International. GVWR of 60,000lbs, truck is about 20k, so could haul in theory around 8 cords of wood.
The 5 ton is rated for what on the highway?

Dang that's a bunch of truck for the money. Is that a dump bed? I'd hate unloading 8 cord by hand. I used to drive an IH around that vintage. Great trucks.

Turned cold here in a hurry but not frozen up yet .

20161210_143252.jpg

Right down to the front axle , had to reload the load lol

20161210_143245.jpg

Yes same here. It was a really wet and crummy fall, near 32 for a long time then got a shot of snow with a backhand of solid - temps so the grounds not frozen anywhere there was standing water. Some point it has to freeze so I'll change my cut plan a lil.

Dang that's a bunch of truck for the money. Is that a dump bed? I'd hate unloading 8 cord by hand. I used to drive an IH around that vintage. Great trucks.

I haul 5.5 cords in it. The sides came off a C70 I had. That truck had a bit wider bed and was 20ft long, so it held 6 cords with about a foot to spare on the back.

Yeah it dumps, has twin 3 stage rams. Peabody Gallion dump.
I called them to get some info, they said the serial number was pre-records, guessing late 1970s. They acted surprised it was still working fine at that age. Dunno, but I don't know any loggers/firewood vendors that are running around with brand new stuff!

I haul 5.5 cords in it. The sides came off a C70 I had. That truck had a bit wider bed and was 20ft long, so it held 6 cords with about a foot to spare on the back.

Yeah it dumps, has twin 3 stage rams. Peabody Gallion dump.
I called them to get some info, they said the serial number was pre-records, guessing late 1970s. They acted surprised it was still working fine at that age. Dunno, but I don't know any loggers/firewood vendors that are running around with brand new stuff!
I don't know many folks who are running around with equipment that is exclusively younger then I am.

Well everyone's waiting for me do do a decent load cause there has been some pretty awesome wood p**n being posted by others hers....... and you gona have wait a while yet....grounds finally frozen here cause we had a week of -30c, -20'sF that turned to -7c, 20's F this morning.... what a swing.

So after work today I grabbed the truck and headed out for a few hrs. Ugly load of 4ft's for the pile in the front with a good stack of 18ish heavy block alongside to be split, and the back was all kibbles and cut off ends to be burnt.

IMG_7255[1].JPG

IMG_7257[1].JPG

But I did get a surprise as in the bag I take cutting, I found a new pair of gloves in an end pocket, I never bought those but I'm pretty sure they are mine now.

IMG_7261[1].JPG

Let's see your ugly load's......but as all ways, just keep, Runnin' Load's!!!

View attachment 545002 Just a little load of oak to test out my newest contraption.
Do you have a skid plate under the front ?
How high off the ground ?
I need something like that to cross a water run off Trench
skid.JPG Not sure this will work ( big $ )

Was thinking of make a big wagon or skid on the front.
Down than up water come from pipe under the roadway 24 inch drain
May just make a new trail

[QUOTE="Just a Guy that cuts wood Do you have a skid plate under the front ?
I need something like that to cross a water run off Trench[/QUOTE]

No skid plate. Ace has 10.25 inches with stock tires, trailer has over 12" at the axle. I cross a pretty good stream with a long climb up the other side with no trouble except logs hanging off back drag on the far side. Tongue extends 8' in front of axle which is too long, going to get trimmed. Needs some more engineering but works well for what I have into it. Moved about 2 cord so far.

[QUOTE="Just a Guy that cuts wood Do you have a skid plate under the front ?
I need something like that to cross a water run off Trench

No skid plate. Ace has 10.25 inches with stock tires, trailer has over 12" at the axle. I cross a pretty good stream with a long climb up the other side with no trouble except logs hanging off back drag on the far side. Tongue extends 8' in front of axle which is too long, going to get trimmed. Needs some more engineering but works well for what I have into it. Moved about 2 cord so far.[/QUOTE]
That's what I thought
I need to do something It skids down the one side and spikes into the bank on the other
I need to lift it or drag it in 4 foot lengths to the landing

Latest posts

Back