Runnin' Loads

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it ain't so with out pics but got a small w/b for the shed yesterday $10 auction price. On way home stopped by yard waste dump and found large tree cut short pieces that should fit just right.
Today found this on trailer to be left there, eisier to roll into my van!IMG_20170513_125344.jpg IMG_20170512_153315.jpgthese or the right length when split,but only loaded one yesterday,went back today to noodle a couple for a load. Glad air shocks add a bit more capacity. May have pics of burner & surrounding wood that was not necessary before.

I bought a NEW trailer today, to run loads with,

standard.jpg

Actually, I bought it the other day, but I just went to get it today.

SR

Is that a stock trailer? If so how does it work hauling wood. I Have been looking for an older stock trailer to haul wood myself
Yes it is, it works great for hauling wood. Low to the ground, much easier to get wood in and don't have to worry about blocks falling off or denting up the pickup ;)IMG_2098.JPG

Do you load all the way full ? I posted asking about stock trailers awhile ago and weight was a concern.
Yes I do. The main part is about 6' long 5' wide, and about 6' high so close to a cord. Green hard wood might be different but most of the stuff I cut is mostly dry pine or fir so haven't worried about weight. Most 2 axle 8 lug horse trailers are rated for about 14000# (mine is 5 lug) so I would think it would be fine.

Well, I ran THIS walnut load to my BSM,

standard.jpg

First thing I did then, was to take a slab off the log and then a couple flitches and turn it,

standard.jpg

I then worked my way around the cant, grade sawing it as I went,

standard.jpg

It did have a few pretty nice boards in it, but for the most part it didn't make much "top grade lumber", anyway here's the "tally",

standard.jpg

These were the worst boards from that log, (not included in the above tally) I set them aside and cut them to 4' to be stickered separate,

standard.jpg

That's todays load...

SR

Yes I do. The main part is about 6' long 5' wide, and about 6' high so close to a cord. Green hard wood might be different but most of the stuff I cut is mostly dry pine or fir so haven't worried about weight. Most 2 axle 8 lug horse trailers are rated for about 14000# (mine is 5 lug) so I would think it would be fine.
Just for comparison, I have an 8'X5' single axle dump trailer. One cord of green Oak is a pretty stout load and will push my Ram 1500 around. It has breaks, which make all the difference in the world, but I don't have the controller hooked up yet. The trailer is rated at 5,000 and weighs about 1500, so a cord of Oak pretty much maxes it out. I've seen people with tandem axle stock trailers loaded up pretty heavy with wood and they looked like the trailered well, Joe.

Back