Running and shutting off?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets hope he is right; and, that its not a bad fuel line or just a dirty air filter or bad carb adjustment??????

First I think you have to have some faith in your dealer and believe that he is honest and that he cares enough to keep good customers.

Second, its always a good idea to consult with a friend who has knowledge of saws.

Third, post on this forum "BEFORE" you take it to the dealer, if you want help from this forum. After the fact posting, limits people on here with expert knowledge who might have helped you before you took it in for repair.

Here's wishing you good luck and a good experience with your dealer.:cheers:

Ask him why he thinks it's junk... Doesn't sound like carb to me.. 5-10 minutes is a long time for a carb to run correctly then quit.

Tank vent? Try running it with the cap loose ...

Does it petter out or die suddenly? Is it at Idle or also high speed?

Last edited:
I would too.. that's BS...

Of course, after he tried to remove the main jet and broke the edges off the brass, he may well be right now.

cant get use to that area being ne pa
always felt like it was more central, i grew up in pike, and will never go back

Ask him why he thinks it's junk... Doesn't sound like carb to me.. 5-10 minutes is a long time for a carb to run correctly then quit.

Tank vent? Try running it with the cap loose ...

Does it petter out or die suddenly? Is it at Idle or also high speed?

Thats right, why would it run 5 to 10 minutes with a bad carb, if not the tank vent maybe a bad coil. Your dealer is full of it. Steve

I've had old gasoline before which would make a saw run for just a little bit, then die.

Is the gas old? Maybe if the gas is just starting to go bad the saw would run a little longer? (I don't know, but something to try.)

I believe your all right he's milk in me. The gas is only 2 weeks old. The cylinder is perfect, just put a new spark plug in it. When I get the carb I'll post a pic.
Something else you should consider looking at, is possibility, of the spark plug, or other wires grounding out at a bar spot in the wires.
While your cutting, it get grounded, by a bad wire, and when you go start it, the wire gets jiggled away from being grounded, and when your cutting, gets jiggled back to being grounded.
How is the points, and condenser, or the ignition coil?
Could have a weak spot in it.Is the spark strong or weak? I don't think your problem is fuel related, but something else, electrical. If it was fuel related, it would try and still run. Bruce.

Latest posts

Back