Running complete 064 worth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragrcr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Thinking of getting rid of my west coast 064 and was wondering what you guys think is a fair asking price? Will come with a Sthil 36" and new square chain. Thanks guys

I think a fair price would be $75. If you send me your Paypal info, I will send a payment..............

You've been around long enough to know this isn't they way this should be done. You need to go to Ebay, look at completed auctions, and come up with a price. Post the item in the classifieds or where ever you want to sell, name your price, sit back, and see if the offers come flying in. If they don't, you probably have it priced too high. If your PM's fill up in 10 minutes, you might want to pull it down and relist it later at a higher price.

First off, it's bot for sale, and I see no problem with asking what other saw guys think it might be worth to help me decide if I want to part ways with it, if you aren't going to be helpful than stay out of my thread, thanks.

Yep, bragging about how little you pay for a saw can come back to bite you. People seem to resent someone getting a steal on a saw and then wanting to flip it for coin. It doesn't matter to me what you paid, just what you are asking. But others are so free-market minded.

If you look at dragrcr's post history, you'll see that he has used the Swap Meet thread many times to sell (not trade) saws. It looks like previously his 064, if it's the same one, didn't sell for $400.00.

You know, Brad and Murph, it's crap like this that drives people away, am I not supposed to sell a saw I got for free that needed a piston and other little things? I guess that means I should give it away right? I did have this listed for what I thought was a good price, but if I posted
Here and was told it's worth 200 bucks I'd probably keep it.

Anyways guys I guess I'll give it away cause sir murph says I can't sell a saw I got for free.

............, am I not supposed to sell a saw I got for free that needed a piston and other little things? I guess that means I should give it away right?

Anyways guys I guess I'll give it away cause sir murph says I can't sell a saw I got for free.

Why don't you read my post bf you go putting words out there that I did not say.:bang::bang:

If you listed it for $400 and it didn't sell, either you had it priced too high, or you didn't get it in front of the right person. That is where some leg-work on your part would pay off.

Dragrcr, your wanting to sell the 064 is fine, the way you're going about it is the problem. You should know the rules on AS by now.

Try this:

Put the 064 with plenty of photos in the ArboristSite Classifieds, not in the Swap Meet thread, for $400.00 OBO. Do the same on your local Craig's List. See what offers you get.

I see no problem with asking what other saw guys think it might be worth to help me decide if I want to part ways with it

You may not see any problem with it, but there is one.

We have 63,106 members at the time of writing this. Now, obviously not all of those are active, but a good portion are & with members ranging from 2 - 200 saws, thats a LOT of chainsaws we all have. Imagine if everyone started posting "whats my saw worth" threads?

As it is, we see sometimes a dozen of these types of threads in a single day. It clogs up the forum and the worst part is that the information people are seeking is a) not hard to find by doing a completed listings search on ebay and b) not necessarily relevant anyway because most of the time there are no photos of the saw and/or you may wish to sell it in a manner that wont command anywhere close to ebay money (Craigslist in my area, for example, will get you about 1/2 the money of the same saw on ebay).

Its one thing to post a thread about a 60 year old vintage rare saw that really has no comparables out there, but with a modern stihl, husky etc, it really isnt hard to determine what your list price should be & as mentioned can really be a nuisance to see the same threads over and over.

You may not see any problem with it, but there is one.

We have 63,106 members at the time of writing this. Now, obviously not all of those are active, but a good portion are & with members ranging from 2 - 200 saws, thats a LOT of chainsaws we all have. Imagine if everyone started posting "whats my saw worth" threads?

As it is, we see sometimes a dozen of these types of threads in a single day. It clogs up the forum and the worst part is that the information people are seeking is a) not hard to find by doing a completed listings search on ebay and b) not necessarily relevant anyway because most of the time there are no photos of the saw and/or you may wish to sell it in a manner that wont command anywhere close to ebay money (Craigslist in my area, for example, will get you about 1/2 the money of the same saw on ebay).

Its one thing to post a thread about a 60 year old vintage rare saw that really has no comparables out there, but with a modern stihl, husky etc, it really isnt hard to determine what your list price should be & as mentioned can really be a nuisance to see the same threads over and over.

AND

Everybody here knows how much a saw is really worth, you want to sell for maximum profit....DON'T sell it here. Want what you have into it and a couple bucks for your time and its a reasonable price...list it in the classified section.

Good luck

My dad has a saw in his garage, that has been sitting there for years. How much is it worth??

Oh, and I guess, you will need to know, that it doesn't have a bar and chain, and I don't remember what color it is. I guess, that will bring the value down a little.

Thanks for the help.

Sam

I'm all for you getting everything you can out of your saw, regardless of what you have in it. It's worth what it's worth.

The only people it will drive off is those using this forum that for which it is not intended. If that's all you're here for then.....

Back