Running out of hair..... oh26

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitedogone

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Buddy said dealer told him it was junk and that he'd be better off with a new saw after they had "fixed" it and he returned with same problem. They replaced:
Filter
fuel line
impulse line
rebuilt carb
He said it was bogging down when hot. Seemed hard starting as well. I did vac test and wouldn't hold. Found leaking fw seal and replaced. Seemed to not idle down right and hard cold starting. I had a new 194 so I swapped that out. Still kinda hard starting when cold and after it heats up you have to stay on the throttle to keep it running and you can crank the idle speed all the way in and it will still die (marks no ladle speed difference). Is it possible that it develops a vac leak when hot. Did pull the jug and cleaned carbon and deleted gasket and the intake boot seemed good. Any ideas and where to go now?

Nope... Although it did pass vac test after fw side was done.

too rich or too lean? if too rich the choke assembly in the air filter is malfunctioning. Doesn't let enough air through.. if too lean I assume you tried to richen it up even if its a couple turns out just to see if it would work?? If the speed adjust is all the way in sometimes it wont have enough adjustment on the L jet to get enough fuel to it. I would remove the filter back the idle screw out till it barely hits the stop and start out with the L jet at 1.5 turns out.. You will have to choke it with your thumb to get it started... Good luck.

Back