Rusky mill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's very cool. Just stay back when its doing its thing! That thing would be a kneecap busting machine for sure!

I like it! If he had counter balanced the drive, it probably wouldn't shake much.

Phil

Maybe there are a shortage of wheels in Russia? Sure is an old school way of getting the job done!

It's essentially a power hacksaw, but oriented horizontally and using a wood blade.

There's power hacksaws that are still functional (and accurate) that are over 100yrs old.

To paraphrase another Australian " That's not a saw, this is a saw". Just around the bay from me there is a sawmill run by two brothers who mill with this frame saw. They started off as boat builders and bought the saw as it is good for sawing large and curved timber ideal for boat building. Since then they have been so busy milling wood for others they don't seem to be building many boats.
Here are some pics I took while looking around (with there permission).

View attachment 253593View attachment 253603

Here is there website for more pics-

Nyhamns Såg och Båtbyggeri - Sågverket Bilder

That is a way cool saw. The proof is in the cut and the closeups on the website look like it cuts really smooth. You can tell it was well built with the heavy castings. Thanks for sharing.

Back