Ryobi 10532 will not start

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penguin

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Was running fine and just stopped. Does not even fire when trying to start. Any suggestions?

You have to start somewhere , usually check for spark. If its got spark then check for fuel, if you have to squirt a little in the carb throat and give it a couple pulls with the choke off, it should fire and maybe run a couple seconds. If it stops then it is not getting fuel from the tank to the carb. You then have to figure out why but try the first couple of checks then let us know, we need a little more input to make a diagnosis. The make and models all work on the same basics.
Pioneerguy600

Penguin, I have a ryobi and suffered a no run no start issue. After reading posts here I checked and found the fuel line in the tank is stiff and will sometime get wedged in a position in the tank that will not let it pickup fuel. I added a weighted filter to the line and solved the issue. The other issue is I have big hands and being a small saw I was bumping the kill switch and the saw would stall and wouldn't start, This took a little longer to discover.

COmpression
Spark
Fuel

Then

Timing
Case vacuum test.

To just suddenly die, Id say possibly ate a ring, or blew out a seal.

How old is it? Check compression first by doing the "lift test." If you cannot pick up the saw by the starter handle, and have it slowly bump down (3-4 sec per piston stroke,) then there may be a piston scoring issue. I see that you are new on here. Not trying to imply anything, but fuel errors are very common on occasional use saws.

How old is it? Check compression first by doing the "lift test." If you cannot pick up the saw by the starter handle, and have it slowly bump down (3-4 sec per piston stroke,) then there may be a piston scoring issue. I see that you are new on here. Not trying to imply anything, but fuel errors are very common on occasional use saws.
I will try this tonight.

It is not a heavy used saw but does get used several times a year.

Anyone know where to get a hold of a take apart manual for this saw? A take apart for the Redmax 4000 would work as well since they are the same.

It's a Redmax GZ400(China) not a GZ4000(Japan) although they are very similar.

Last edited:

Not all of them:

attachment.php

Pic stolen from: http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=66515

Not all of them:

China for the GZ400 the pic you show says japan that is for the cylinder only i suspect not the entire saw. Thats like saying huskys are made in germany by mahle :monkey: :monkey:

Scott

I stand corrected. I never figured they would make the cyl in Japan and the rest in China..... That is why I come here, I learn something every time I visit.

I stand corrected. I never figured they would make the cyl in Japan and the rest in China..... That is why I come here, I learn something every time I visit.

The specs are virtually identical for the GZ400 and the GZ4000, but the GZ4000 is marketed as a pro saw with a longer warranty. I think the piston/cylinder/carburetor are the same, and the crankcase is the same style, but I don't know if the crank/bearings/etc are the same.

Same crank. Same crank cases. At least the pn. are the same. Muffler and most of the rest are different.

'Lift Test" was fine. Where should I look next?

It may just be flooded.

1. Remove spark plug, hold saw upside-down with spark plug hole facing down.
2. Pull starter cord several times until fuel no longer sprays out of hole.
3. Let saw sit for a while to air out.
4. Install spark plug, and start saw.

If no fuel sprays out of plug hole, it is not flooded.

Back