Sach Dolamar 110. Specs, parts information needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freakingstang

Doctor Freakinstein
Reaction score
Yes i did a search, for about two hours...

Picked up a dolmar 110 for next to a song and would like to know the specs of the saw. cc, hp, maw rpm, etc. It is a 1987 model. It has a Walbro carb on it, not the T brand. Would also like to know parts interchange between other models. If someone has a .PDF, that would be great.

The saw starts and runs great. Have not had it buried in wood yet, but it does not have the chain brake handle on it. It has been removed, but the brake band and internal mechanism inside the clutch cover is still there. Any one have one of these that could take a pic with the clutch cover off?

Has anyone done a muffler mod to this model, or similar models? This thing sounds very restricted and the muffler is huge and full of baffles. It seems like it likes to rev.

Any help and information is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Steve

I don't know how you found that so fast, but thank you very much. Been to about every other internet parts site looking for a breakdown of that model.

Thanks again

Steve

Dolmar 110

The Dolmar 110 was a sweet little saw although the early models like the 87' has a discontinued chain brake lever assy. you will have to find a used one. The saw will interchange parts with 109,110i,111,111i,111n,115,115i,PS540,DCS430,DCS520. depending on the age of donor saw this family of saws was around from 1986-today with only the PS540 remaning in the US market. The 110 was a open port design and turned 13200 no load rpm. built 2.3 kw with a pho weight of 10 lbs. although I question the saw having a Walboro WT carb these were stock with a Till HU64 carb. The ign had no major issues although it will interchange with the coil used today on the PS540. Have fun.

Scott

ps been to Wooster many times have to call you next time im there

Freakingstang said:
I don't know how you found that so fast, but thank you very much. Been to about every other internet parts site looking for a breakdown of that model.

Thanks again

Steve

It's all about knowing where to look. Mike Acres' site has been posted so many times that the majority of the frequent visitors here know all about it. Similar story on the IPL's. Unfortunately, most search engines are very sensitive to your wording in the information you supply, as half the things they turn up are unrelated, but due to advertising dollars and such they come up before things of real value.

Well, I spent all day saturday cutting with it. I love this thing. It has the power of my modded 55 Rancher with less weight. I threw a new chain on it and had a hard time putting it down to get a larger saw for the task at hand. I think this may be the best 40 dollar saw I have bought yet.

Scott, Does the 110 share the same bottom end as the Ps/DSC 540? If so, can I install a 540 jug and piston onto this 110 frame? The carb is a Walbro WT-76 according to Mike Acres website. Will the carb handle the added cc's from the bigger jug and piston? If not, do you know the model number from the 540's?

I'll have to throw some pics up here tomorrow. It is in excellant shape, other than I need to get a new "Sachs-Dolmar 110" decal for the clutch cover.

Steve, After more checking I found where they used the WT76 for a little while.. Any of the top ends will fit that chassis but you will be better off finding a early mod 115 for it for the best power 2.7KW with the wt76 carb the 110 and 115 were the only 2 saws in this line to use a closed port cylinder all the other models were a open port. I have 111, 111n, and 540 top ends used from crashed saws but no 115 top ends at this time.
Scott

Model: 116si

Model: 116si

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MANUFACTURED BY: DOLMAR MASCHINEN-FABRIK GmbH & Co.
HAMBURG, GERMANY
SERIES OR ASSEMBLY NUMBER:
YEAR INTRODUCED: 1987
YEAR DISCONTINUED: 1996
ENGINE DISPLACEMENT: 60 cc
NUMBER OF CYLINDERS: 1
CYLINDER BORE: 46 mm
PISTON STROKE: 36 mm
CYLINDER TYPE: Aluminum with Nikasil coated bore
INTAKE METHOD: Piston ported
MANUFACTURER ADVERTISED H.P.: 3.1 kW
WEIGHT : 6 kg (13.2 lbs.) powerhead only
OPERATOR CONFIGURATION: One Man operation
HANDLEBAR SYSTEM: Anti-vibration
CHAIN BRAKE: Yes
CLUTCH: Centrifugal
DRIVE TYPE: Direct
CONSTRUCTION: Die cast magnesium
MAGNETO TYPE: Electronic
CARBURETOR: Tillotson HS-236A
MAJOR REPAIR KIT: RK-23HS
MINOR REPAIR KIT: DG-5HS
AIR FILTER SYSTEM: Nylon mesh element
STARTER TYPE: Dolmar automatic rewind
OIL PUMP: Automatic, adjustable
OPERATING RPM: 13,000 maximum free speed with bar & chain
IGNITION TIMING: fixed
BREAKER POINT SETTING: none
FLYWHEEL/COIL AIR GAP: 0.15 mm (0.038 in.)
SPARK PLUG TYPE: Bosch WSR5F
SPARK PLUG GAP: 0.5 mm (0.020 in.)
CRANKSHAFT MAIN BEARINGS: Ball
FUEL TANK CAPACITY: 800 ml (27 oz.)
FUEL OIL RATIO: 40:1
RECOMMENDED FUEL OCTANE: Regular grade
MIX OIL SPECIFICATION: Dolmar two-cycle mix
CHAIN PITCH: 3/8 in., .375"
CHAIN TYPE:
BAR MOUNT PATTERN: 01 link
SHORTEST GUIDE BAR SUPPLIED: 38cm (15 in.)
LONGEST GUIDE BAR SUPPLIED: 53cm (21 in.)
COLOUR SCHEME: Dolmar Orange enamel with Black top cover
PAINT CODES:
ILLUSTRATED PARTS LIST:
SERVICE MANUAL:

Well done! You've found Mike Acres site, but why the hell have you posted the specs for a 116 in this thread?

Model: 110

Model: 110

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MANUFACTURED BY: DOLMAR MASCHINEN-FABRIK GmbH & Co.
HAMBURG, GERMANY
SERIES OR ASSEMBLY NUMBER: 110, 110i, 110iH
YEAR INTRODUCED: 1985
YEAR DISCONTINUED:
ENGINE DISPLACEMENT: 43 cc (2.6 cu. in.)
NUMBER OF CYLINDERS: 1
CYLINDER BORE: 40 mm (1.57 in.)
PISTON STROKE: 34 mm (1.34 in.)
CYLINDER TYPE: Aluminum with chrome plated bore
INTAKE METHOD: Piston ported
MANUFACTURER ADVERTISED H.P.: 2.3 kW
WEIGHT : 5 kg with 33 cm bar & chain
11 lbs. with 13 in. bar & chain
OPERATOR CONFIGURATION: One Man operation
HANDLEBAR SYSTEM: Anti-vibration
CHAIN BRAKE: Yes
CLUTCH: Centrifugal
DRIVE TYPE: Direct
CONSTRUCTION: Die cast magnesium
MAGNETO TYPE: Electronic
CARBURETOR: Tillotson HU-64D
Tillotson HU-83C
Walbro WT-76
MAJOR REPAIR KIT: RK-14HU for HU-64D
RK-19HU for HU-83C
MINOR REPAIR KIT: DG-2HU for HU64D
DG-5HU for HU-83C
AIR FILTER SYSTEM: Nylon mesh element
STARTER TYPE: Dolmar automatic rewind
OIL PUMP: Automatic, worm gear driven off crankshaft
OPERATING RPM: 13,200 maximum free speed with bar & chain
IGNITION TIMING: fixed
BREAKER POINT SETTING: none
FLYWHEEL/COIL AIR GAP: 0.2 to 0.3 mm (0.008 to 0.012 in.)
SPARK PLUG TYPE: Bosch WSR6F, NGK BPMR7A
SPARK PLUG GAP: 0.5mm (0.020 in.)
CRANKSHAFT MAIN BEARINGS: Roller
FUEL TANK CAPACITY: 560 ml
FUEL OIL RATIO: 40:1 with Dolmar two-cycle mix oil
RECOMMENDED FUEL OCTANE: Regular
MIX OIL SPECIFICATION: Dolmar two-cycle mix oil
CHAIN PITCH: .325 in. or 3/8 in.
CHAIN TYPE:
BAR MOUNT PATTERN: 01 link
SHORTEST GUIDE BAR SUPPLIED: 33cm (13 in.)
LONGEST GUIDE BAR SUPPLIED: 45cm (18 in.)
COLOUR SCHEME: Dolmar Orange with Black top cover
Dolmar Silver with Black top cover
PAINT CODES:
ILLUSTRATED PARTS LIST:
SERVICE MANUAL:

COMMENTS: 3 series were manufactured

I've inherited an Sachs Dolmar 110.
Wonderful little saw that's starts from cold with 3-4, pulls. From warm always one pull.
Seems like all available info says they started manufacturing of these 1985 or later - mine is build 1984. It is equipped with (from memory) Borg Wagner carburetor. Don't know if it is stock or not.

Attachments

• 20190106_155128.jpg
    20190106_155128.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
@BVdog - Thanks, I've looked in the sparepartslist and it looks like most of the saw is stock. But - The sparepartslist applies to serial number 102650 and above, mine is an older 038854. There might have been some changes over the years?

I have had a few Dolmars and have a spare parts drawer from buying a dealer going out of business years ago . I think I still have a brake band for the 111,115

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@ray benson - Thanks, that is spot on from the starter to the brake leveler.
Just have to figure out why the cars says "Borg Wagner" instead of Wallbro or Tillotson!? Maybe I remember it wrong...

Latest posts

Back