Sachs Dolmar 119 woes...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the bosch system has been discoutinued if you feel the saw is worthy install the SEM assy. changed many through the years with much sucess it also makes the saw lighter because the bosch used a steel wheel and the SEM uses a aluminum wheel.
Scott

Thanks for help. I examined the 2 piece flywheel-fan design this afternoon. I found that the saw casing lip that extends from the side of the saw fits rather closely to the flywheel. It makes quite a sealed atmosphere inside what I'll call the coil compartment. It was apparently done deliberately to keep contaminents out. I believe it also keeps heat in, cauing the reduced spark. I am considering opening some vent holes in the lip. It may be enough to keep the overheating coil from getting too hot to function fully. As I said before, it didn't cool down long before big blue sparks were popping and it would run again. THis saw is like new, low hours and worth the upgrade cost. In your opinion, would venting the coil compartment be aproblem for the newer set up if the older unit still malfunctions? Thanks again, woojr

venting mag ccase

Well if you do not remove and strengthing points or gussets you should be ok ive never seen this done before but hey its your saw right? no it should not bother the SEM unit you will actually still use the stock fan and starter dogs with the aluminum wheel.

Scott

woojr, did you ever get your 119 running again? I have been working on one my self and am having almost the same exact experience that you discribed in your last situation. The one thing I can't figure out is that the vent hose on this looks nothing like the one in the parts manual. It is very short maybe 1" long and has a ball stuck in the end of it.

Hi lads
Mad curious to know how this turned out. Have a mint dolmar 119 also with exact same symptoms.
Runs a dream till it heats up proper, then dies dead like the kill switch was hit.
Then choke will start again and run but only 30sec max.
Too me, it’s like the new tank filter won’t allow enough fuel through quick enough to the carb to keep the saw running at full pelt.

But the heating ignition suggestion seems a good shout also…….

What fixed the problem I wonder??

Hi lads
Mad curious to know how this turned out. Have a mint dolmar 119 also with exact same symptoms.
Runs a dream till it heats up proper, then dies dead like the kill switch was hit.
Then choke will start again and run but only 30sec max.
Too me, it’s like the new tank filter won’t allow enough fuel through quick enough to the carb to keep the saw running at full pelt.

But the heating ignition suggestion seems a good shout also…….

What fixed the problem I wonder??
Greetings wavs21, as you can see, this issue was a very long time ago. I do know I have the same saw in a pile of other old machines that have not been used in at least fifteen years. My recollection was I moved on to another saw at the time... a Husky which was a little bigger for a 24" bar for some larger wood I came across at the time. This may sound weird, but for some reason I recall removing the ignition switch wire. I'm old and pretty worn out after many back and joint surgeries but if I can get the energy, I'll dig it out and verify this wire situation. I think I recall running it without the wire and shutting off by choking it off. I'll let you know. My next door neighbor for many years was from Ireland. His name was James Tierney. He died about ten years ago, cancer. He'd be in his upper 60's, a little younger than me. His ashes were returned to Ireland but I can't recall the town.

I have owned and run many of these Sachs Dolmar chainsaws and over the years they had points/condenser igns, electronic modules and even points and electronic combinations, to help with diagnosis we would need to know specifically which ignition system you have on your saw. I started a Sachs Dolmar thread in the , Stickies, section found at the top of the main page, clicking on the, Stickies, will take you to that thread among others, post there and that would open up your troubles to a great many more members that are very familiar with these saws,

Latest posts

Back