Sachs Dolmar 166 coil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matty f

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Any body know the where abouts or know of a coil that will fit the 166 ? Can't find any on line at all.
Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't really know, I am not a saw builder!

But if a Husqvarna 272 coil can be customized to squeeze additional rpm's out of a Dolmar PS-7910 (I think I remember that correctly?!) - then there must be a coil that could be altered to make that nice monster of Yours work again!

Just keep this thread a float, maybe post up pictures of the original Sachs-Dolmar 166 coil if You have one - some saw builder is bound to chime in.

My dad likes to tinker, he'd go through hoops customizing a coil if he had to. He is currently customizing the starter assembly of a freebie Solo 615VA, he's slow but very determined. :)

I wouldn't really know, I am not a saw builder!

But if a Husqvarna 272 coil can be customized to squeeze additional rpm's out of a Dolmar PS-7910 (I think I remember that correctly?!) - then there must be a coil that could be altered to make that nice monster of Yours work again!

Just keep this thread a float, maybe post up pictures of the original Sachs-Dolmar 166 coil if You have one - some saw builder is bound to chime in.

My dad likes to tinker, he'd go through hoops customizing a coil if he had to. He is currently customizing the starter assembly of a freebie Solo 615VA, he's slow but very determined. :)
will the coil from a 152e dolmar work? Keith

Hi,

If you find the item number in the link below, check with the Dolmar office,they might help any available options.

http://www.barrettsmallengine.com/partslist/dolmar166.pdf
Only if they happen to have NOS coils laying around.

Once the product line surpasses a certain age the manufacturers wash their hands off it.
I had very limited to no success getting parts for my 1980's Sachs-Dolmar 105 from my then Dolmar distributor years ago!
Luckily my dad sourced two seized carcasses in a shop in Germany - those are my part supply's. I didn't need much so far, spur sprockets and now a clutch assy.

I wouldn't hold my breath trying to get a 166 coil directly from Dolmar.

I love Dolmar, but the truth is what it is! :(

Only if they happen to have NOS coils laying around.

Once the product line surpasses a certain age the manufacturers wash their hands off it.
I had very limited to no success getting parts for my 1980's Sachs-Dolmar 105 from my then Dolmar distributor years ago!
Luckily my dad sourced two seized carcasses in a shop in Germany - those are my part supply's. I didn't need much so far, spur sprockets and now a clutch assy.

I wouldn't hold my breath trying to get a 166 coil directly from Dolmar.

I love Dolmar, but the truth is what it is! :(

Nothing to lose if he try..... ;)

Back