sad news death in the family

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murphy4trees

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Tree brothers and sister,
It is with great sadness and grief that I report the death of the oldest son of my climbing mentor John Grier, aka Big Jon. His 12 year old son, J. D. died after being struck by a pick up truck while riding his bike yesterday morning, August 17, 2006.

8/17/06 is a date that will forever be remembered by those that loved him.

I ask for your prayers and loving thoughts for John Domenick Grier, that the passing of his soul be guided by the hand of God. And your prayers and loving thoughts for Big John, and his whole family.

You can contact John directly at [email protected], or call me for his number. I Am sure he would appreciate your support and I will of course check with him before giving out his phone number.

Services will be held at Hopewell Menonite Church, near the corner of Rt 100 and State St. in Pottstown, Pa. on Tuesday at 9 Am with funeral to be at 10:45 AM. I'll post more detailed information when I get it.

Daniel Murphy
804-283-3214
ps will someone please post the above on arboristsite for me, I have not been able to post there lateley. Thank you.

Thats absolutley terrible,very sad news.my thoughts are with him.

Sad news, the loss of a child has to be the worst thing that could happen to anyone. I almost lost my daughter the day before graduation to a horrible auto accident. I hope the family can get through this sad occasion. Thoughts and prayers are with them.

Have known you all that long Big John but I heard the sad news, I feel for you mate and wish you strength to see thru this tough time.

Thoughts with you and family.

Take care big fella.

thoughts and prayers from my family to yours

very sorry for your loss if theres ne thing else we can do just ask

John, I'm sure it will be a while before you read this, but you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

I hope that the memories you have of him will help fill the the hole his passing has made.

I couldn't imagine. I look at my boys when I hear something as awful as this. It makes me want to spend that much more time with them. I will give a shout out in my prayers for him and his family this evening. Good to hear from you Murphy.

My sympathy for family and friends.
Always a very sad tragedy.....
Lost for words, this is the part where I really wish that I could make a difference, anything to take the worst pain ever away.
Sincerely, my condolences.
God Bless

Can't even imagine how your feeling big John,my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family..

John, I am so very sorry. I write this with tears in my eyes. This is pain I just can not imagine. Peace to you and your family.

Latest posts

Back