Saturday Mornings work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brownie525

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
hey guys just wanted to post a few pics of what i was up to yesterday morning. I was makin noodles with my 460 on some big mable that someone had cut down friday. that stuff was a monster to split i only have an 8 pound maul right now and it was just bouncing off of it, I need to get myself a fiskers splitting axe:). I also trashed my first chain yesterday, I was cutting a round shorter and when i get half way into the cut i hit a large metal hook:cry: it really did a number one that chain i think i may have to take that one to get sharpend cause i am not going to be able to fix it with my file. Also There is a shot of my wood pile that i have been building up i think i have just about four cords so far not bad considering that i just started collecting about a months ago.
brownie525

brownie525

brownie525

brownie525

brownie525

Nice pics. Does your neighbor have any extra garbage cans?

Nice pics. Does your neighbor have any extra garbage cans?

:ices_rofl: lol I almost fell out of my chair i was laughing so hard. The bad part is that is not all of them :dizzy: you can take a guess as to why I am stacking the wood along that fence line:) they have so much crap its unbelievable. How many of you have seen a wheel barrel hanging in a tree? probably not many lol. Don't know why some of the pics came out like they did i got another truck load today so ill have to post some more pics tomorrow:greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
Nice work. I noodled some big sugar maple over the weekend and got two yard bags full of them to start fires with but it wasn't anything compared to your pile.

That silver maple will season really nicely if you can keep the rain off of it. My dad & I cut up 2 big ones last summer (50" DBH), they sat in large rounds in his driveway roasting for a month - then we split them up and stacked about 5 cord of wood.

I've been burning the driest stuff along with some harder woods to keep a nice balance of fast heat and good coals. :blob2:

PS: I really like your stacking method wth the cinder blocks - are they 8' apart or closer?

Last edited:
the blocks are about 5' apart the 4x4 i get are ten feet long so two on the ends and one supporting the middle. I like to use the cinder block to get it high off the ground to keep critters out but i ran out and had to stack the red oak on a pallet but it should be alright for the summer.

Latest posts

Back