Save This Tree?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DDM

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I removed this oak yesterday. The homeowner told me she had one company that told he they could save it! This tree was topped about 15 yrs ago and struck by lightning. In one picture you will notice that the Main leader is completely rotten. Wish i would have remembered to get some pictures before we started. :blob2:

she was in a bit of a state wasn't she! a bit hard to get an idea of the size, how long did it take, to remove?
I always forget before and after shots too

El cirujano said:
she was in a bit of a state wasn't she! a bit hard to get an idea of the size, how long did it take, to remove?
I always forget before and after shots too

Took 8 hrs yesterday to take that one down and a 2' Hollw oak the one pictured was right at 48" DBH. LOL He's the after picture. there was only about 4" of holding wood where i stumped it. The tree was about 55' tall when we started i was amazed that it had not fallen. :Eye:

David Hardman said:
DDM,
Did you climb it or use a bucket. Trees like that give me a sick feeling in my gut. The risk factor is worth charging more $$$$.

Bucket, You couldnt have paid me enough to climb that tree! that main leader was rotten all the way to the top! I Felt like a Well driller i hit water in that tree close to 25 Times! Nasty mess. :blob2:

How about some scaf and re-bar? Maybe a can of plastic wood?

I'd give that one the thumbs down.......

If you had a pet that was in that bad of condition you'd put it down wouldn't you? I hate vets who make you feel guilty for not spending hundreds of dollars to extend the life of your suffering animal. I feel the same way about arborist who guilt customers into keeping their trees beyond reason. You did the humane thing putting that tree down. :angel:

Latest posts

Back