Saw a working processor today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zogger, why oh why did you post that video?? They make it look so simple, I wanna build one. Someday I'm going to build something but I keep changing my plans. I just got my buzz saw, wood splitters and conveyor setup to cut short stuff, I have the OWB now so I want to burn 4' long stuff to cut down on the handling so now I need to redo things. I already have another conveyor that I'm going to somehow design and retrofit to use for 4' long splits that will hopefully elevate them and then drop them into steel crates that I still have to build. I still have 2 years worth of small stuff split and stock piled to use up or maybe sell just so I can keep cutting. And now you go and post this automated thing.. More bad ideas.

I sure know how you feel! For the first 34 years of my life i split all my wood by hand. Finally built a splitter, and for the life of me I don't know how i worked without it! Then last year i saw a video of a processor, and yep sure enough, my mind starts making plans. I already have probably 300 hours in making cad drawings for my processor. Already gathering up parts and pieces. I started with a kubota Diesel engine, then I found a 91 hp Perkins diesel. Yep, more hp means more hydro pumps, which means its back to the drawing board. I only cut 4-5 cords a year, but wouldn't it be nice to get all my wood cut in a day or two!

Thanks

zogger, why oh why did you post that video?? They make it look so simple, I wanna build one. Someday I'm going to build something but I keep changing my plans. I just got my buzz saw, wood splitters and conveyor setup to cut short stuff, I have the OWB now so I want to burn 4' long stuff to cut down on the handling so now I need to redo things. I already have another conveyor that I'm going to somehow design and retrofit to use for 4' long splits that will hopefully elevate them and then drop them into steel crates that I still have to build. I still have 2 years worth of small stuff split and stock piled to use up or maybe sell just so I can keep cutting. And now you go and post this automated thing.. More bad ideas.

Your owb is just too small! 4 ft is for girly men! Get crackin, then build something like this to stuff it with splits! hehehe

Your owb is just too small! 4 ft is for girly men! Get crackin, then build something like this to stuff it with splits! hehehe

The best option I've seen yet is that owb that opens from the top. You can load whole logs into and have a 2 week burn cycle. If my owb ever needs to be replaced. I'm selling my tw6, and the conveyor and getting one. Just wish I could remember the name.

Latest posts

Back