Saw bite

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmyq

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Too tired + momentarily innatentive = 7 stitches and a free tetanus booster, home from the ER by 2 AM. ( only went at midnight after the wife offered to drive me as I was not going to bother going). Thanks to my Silky.

Just got my first Silky this winter, been bit more in the last month than the past 30 years. Twice in past week. Don't think I will give up on it though just for that. I heal almost as fast as it cuts.

Watch the little suckers!!!!

Bob

they cut nice don't they? Trying out two of the new Kanzawa handsaws they cut better than the Silky saws. Did you get that cut thru your glove too?

After my wife left me, I just wasn't right for a while... amybe still not 100%...
I was thining out this medium Norway Maple and it wasn't 'til my second scratch from the Silky (pulling hangers) that I realized I wasn't wearing gloves....
AND I NEVER CLIMB WITHOUT MY GLOVES.....

I suppose I should wear gloves when climbing, but I never have in 37 years. I use them on the ground when I am loading or chipping. I just like to know what I have hold of for sure until I am tied in. Even climb bare handed in ND winters, but will put on the gloves once I am in the tree and secured. I suppose the gloves would have helped with the little nicks I got from the Silky, but I did manage to go the last 2 days of the week with no new holes in me. It is a nice little saw. Bob

okay, couple weeks later, stitches out and looking ok, didn't have a chance to take a day off to nurse it so there is a bit of a scar, doc says I musta tore it open a couple times..

Latest posts

Back