Saw display ideas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crane

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I've been toying with this for a bit. I know that there were some great pics in a thread showing different ways to show off your saws, but %#%$# if I can find it.
Here is one I tried out this past year.

attachment.php

Works well for newer saws without a full/3/4 wrap handel.

attachment.php

Adjustment/removel of the saw is easy.

Any other ideas out there? I'm in the middle of renovations to the garage(man shed), and thought this was the best time to see something different, before I commit.

Thank You.

I used 2x10 planks that are secured 3" from the wall. A little work with the router, and I can space the saws out well and with enough room that they do not touch the wall. Even the big Homelite's with the full wrap handles have room and do not touch the wall. The base is 1 1/4" angle iron lagged into the cement and roofing truss and I bolted the boards on opposite side to give it strength. With those big old saws, wiegth adds up fast. I gave myself room so that the saws can be moved around in the display and not touch each other. Any saw can be taken down in seconds without the need for any tools.
My big question to you is whether to stain the boards? I thought a light stain to bring out the grain in the wood and then a semi gloss finish. Just to add some colour. I posted here for thoughts. Feel free to post any criticism as you see it. I'm a big boy, I can take it. :greenchainsaw:

My big question to you is whether to stain the boards? I thought a light stain to bring out the grain in the wood and then a semi gloss finish. Just to add some color.
I think stain would look better than just plain unfinished. You've gone to that much work I say go for it. Won't take much. If they are like my saws eventually the wood will get 'stained' anyway!

I think stain would look better than just plain unfinished. You've gone to that much work I say go for it. Won't take much. If they are like my saws eventually the wood will get 'stained' anyway!

Yeah, I had pretty much made up my mind with using a stain. It's not too bad with the bar oil, (yet), I had the proto type in use for a year.
Shelving is a option, but you have to hide the bars behind the next saw, or sacrifice space. I think shelving will go up near the corner, for some of my interesting small saws.

does that remington 660 have 404 on it? can you give me a drive link count?
i have seen some bars with stains on them from being displayed in wood. maybe rub some oil on the bars occasionally.
looks good

does that remington 660 have 404 on it? can you give me a drive link count?
i have seen some bars with stains on them from being displayed in wood. maybe rub some oil on the bars occasionally.
looks good

My 660 has an oem 21" Remington part # A2817
Chain is Remington HL .404P, .058ga, with 71 drive links

Thanks for the stain warning

My big question to you is whether to stain the boards? I thought a light stain to bring out the grain in the wood and then a semi gloss finish. Just to add some colour. I posted here for thoughts. Feel free to post any criticism as you see it. I'm a big boy, I can take it. :greenchainsaw:

Just a thought on the stain. If you painted the shelf with the leftover wall paint the shelf would blend in with the wall. It may give the impression the saws are floating. May be cool.

I remember seeing a pic of 8' of tree trunk standing in someone's garage
with saws that had their bars bored into it.

If you got pics of saw displays post'em up! I'm as guilty as the next of finding it hard with the search button here. Got a thread title that should be easy to search, post up your displays and give away some great ideas. Whether you have 1 or two saws or an entire collection, we all have a need for ways to store our saws and show them off. Be it the neighbor next door, or the buddies that stop by for a beer.
After I finnished the display, my wife was impressed. Makes it easier the next time I need to pay for parts.

Back