Saw holder for tractors, etc. - Patent applied for

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodsrover

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm in the woods a lot with my tractor and often bring more than one saw with me. I'm also filling the bucket with firewood while I'm out there and can never find a good place to carry the saws back. Well, necessity breeds invention. Here are a some pictures of the brackets I made. They are made from 6061-T6 aluminum so they're very strong but won't dull the chain on the saw. I've made two different sizes as well for wide and skinny bars. I've filed an application with the US patent office just in case you all think they're a good idea!

Tell me what you think!!

Jim

saw1.jpg

saw2.jpg

saw3.jpg

The Stihl rests on the dogs, the Jonsered has small dogs and rests on the oil tank and muffler bolts.

Your idea has some potential,for sure.I would put a piece of tire where the saw rests to protect saw.Perhaps make the holder itself wider and mount on a angle to keep bar tip off of cylinder.Maybe a setup for a bungee to keep saws from moving.I dont mean to sound critical,These are just hints if you want.I think you really have something good there!:clap:

I alwawys put my saw behid my seat. In your situation a 3pt box for all your goodies might be a better idea. I don't like the idea of having them on the loader booms cause they get beat up by brush that way. also you have the potential of bending a bar when lowering the loader. If the 3pt was out of the question, I'd put a box in the center of the hood.

Dustytools: KOLPIN has a product for ATV's it's called the Saw Press Bracket
Here in Canada it's about 60-70 $ I got one for christmas but havent mounted it yet. Your local atv dealer should be able to hook you up.
all the best

Dustytools: KOLPIN has a product for ATV's it's called the Saw Press Bracket
Here in Canada it's about 60-70 $ I got one for christmas but havent mounted it yet. Your local atv dealer should be able to hook you up.
all the best

Thank you Pile. Ill check into those. Do you know if there is a website?

How much is a pat going to cost? The last time i checked 2 years ago it was between 7 and 10 grand, hardly worth what i had. I also agree with the saw or bar flopping around and hitting something or wearing out some saw frontal parts. Maybe a full length scabbard would be a better idea to incorporate into your plan. Just my 2 cents. And even a pat isn't going to stop someone from making one for there self ..Bob

I would feel better with the saws mounted on the vertical uprites for the loader frame. They don't move. I made scabbards out of 1/2" plastic board layered and bolted together. you can mount them anywhere,(on a stump grinder in this case) and it saves on the chain and what ever you mount it to.

That's a good looking L195 you've got there, Woodsrover. I put a lot of hours on a used L185 before I bought my L2250 several years ago. Those Kubota's just keep on going and going and going....

I've never solved the problem with how to carry a saw on the tractor. The bucket works great until you forget about the saw up there and push something over with the bucket. That's how one of my old saws ended its life one time. :)

Latest posts

Back