Saw ID

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heathkiks

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
A quick question, what is this saw?

Stihl.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:
I'd go with 051. I can't tell for sure but it doesn't seem to have the manual oiler button on the top front of the saw. If it does have the manual oiler, then 075.

On second thought it does look pretty big beside the other saw which looks to be a craftsman. It may be an 051 or 075.

Be sure to let us know after you buy it. LOL

On the 041 I think the top frame is more straight up where the handle bar mounts. Unless there was different top frames for the 041s. On the 051/075/076 its angled more to the front.

On the 041 I think the top frame is more straight up where the handle bar mounts. Unless there was different top frames for the 041s. On the 051/075/076 its angled more to the front.

I'm gonna stick with the 041AV or AVS. (but I'm probably wrong)

My guess is 051. It cannot be a 041 cause the 041 does not have the choke and on/off switch on top like the saw in this pic. It's also not big enough for a 075/076 and the fuel tank/starter is set up different on the 075/076. Definatly a 051

We need better pics. Post some close ups of it.

It could be an 040 which did have the choke and on.off on the top but it looks bigger than that. I'm guessing 050AV.

I'd go with 051. I can't tell for sure but it doesn't seem to have the manual oiler button on the top front of the saw. If it does have the manual oiler, then 075.

I have a 075 without the manual oiler.

not an 050 because it has a ID plate on top rather than embossed logo

short bar so would presume 051 rather than 075

best way to tell a 51 from a 75 is the 75 has studs through the head
and 51 has short studs at base.

I have a 075 without the manual oiler.

not an 050 because it has a ID plate on top rather than embossed logo

short bar so would presume 051 rather than 075

best way to tell a 51 from a 75 is the 75 has studs through the head
and 51 has short studs at base.

I thought all 075s had the manual oiler. Maybe some one drilled and tapped a 051 case for the 075 topend?

+1 on the studs
Also isn't the decomp in a different location?

I thought all 075s had the manual oiler. Maybe some one drilled and tapped a 051 case for the 075 topend?

+1 on the studs
Also isn't the decomp in a different location?

The plunger hole is there but plugged off.

one thing about old stihls is a lot of variations can turn up.

havent noticed the decomp locations. I have 4 or 5 1111 series saws out here.

will take a look now that you mention it.

Thanks for the input

It is a 051 AV. I talked to the guy on the phone, said it is running and in decent shape. What is a fair price for one of these guys?

Back