Saw ID

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grandpatractor

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what old Mac powerhead they used for this cutoff saw?
macsaw2.jpg

macsaw1.jpg

macsaw3.jpg

No spark is easy enough to fix. Those are a points ignition engine and that's the weak point. A solid state module will excise the points and the ignition module is pretty much bulletproof on those.

Oregon part number 33-053, Ignition Module, universal. Any small engine joint can hook you up. Cut off saw, what he said.

795L power head is correct. I actually have two already, one yellow and black with the name Stowe I think, and a blue one like that.

JD, I could always use another if the price was right.

Compression? My Stowe is very low compression, the Target feels pretty stong yet.

Mark

Yeah the concrete saws usually lost compression fast due to thin rings in a dusty/abrasive environment. A lot of the older cut-off saws I'll pulled down had junk pistons and cylinders due to concrete dust ingestion.

BTW Mark- I still have a 795 short block if you want it.

JJ - I still have a 1-70 boxed up and ready to go as well. I can send it as soon as you PM me with the shipping address. I found I can bring a box like that to work and our shipping guys send it along UPS for about 1/3 of the cost of USPS.

As soon as I get your address I can send the 1-70 out, have a look and make sure it suits your needs, then feel free to send the 795 back this way.

Mark

Back