Saw races at county fair.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
logging22

logging22

Cuttin to live, livin to cut
Having the county fair next Friday and Saturday. Races are on Sat the 11th at noon. Gonna have a lot of cool saws this year. Alky and nitro burners. Pipes and of course my catagory of stock appearing. Anybody close enough t make this should. Its gonna be fun.:clap::clap:

logging22

logging22

Just out of curiosity what does it take to enter into one of the races?

Ok bro, here is the classes.

0-2.5 ci
2.6-3.0 ci
3.1-3.5 ci
3.6-4.0 ci
4.1-5.0 ci
5.1-6.0 ci

0-4.0 ci modified (pipes and funny fuel)
4.1 and up (pipes and funny fuel)

The first classes are called stock appearing. As long as they have mufflers and a little plastic its all good. The mod classes are just that. Whatever you can put on one is ok. Alky, nitro, pipes, nos, 2 piece heads, whatever you want. But they also have a loggers class. Out of the woods we call it. If you run it in the woods, bring it. Must have at least a 20" bar and stock muffler.
Its gonna be cool. Wish more would show up.:clap:

Oh, and i think its 10 dollars a saw to enter. But, they have trophies and money at the end of the day.

Stumpys Customs

Stumpys Customs

Stumpbroke
Thanks for the info buddy. Can't promise I'll be there. If I do come I'll prob just be a spectater.
I know if I don't bring a saw I'll wish I would have. I'm not good in public compitition, I get too nervous. The only time I did any good was when I was truck pullin. Come to think of it I went to one down at Doniphan a few years ago. Anyways, sounds like fun.

logging22

logging22

Thanks for the info buddy. Can't promise I'll be there. If I do come I'll prob just be a spectater.
I know if I don't bring a saw I'll wish I would have. I'm not good in public compitition, I get too nervous. The only time I did any good was when I was truck pullin. Come to think of it I went to one down at Doniphan a few years ago. Anyways, sounds like fun.

Its all in fun brother. Just come on down and hang out if nothing else. Got a cold beer if all else fails.:givebeer:

SkippyKtm

SkippyKtm

The Lorax, my FIL rip...
Yeah, we have ours here in Connecticut every August at the Brooklyn Fair, usually on the first day of the fair (this year it was August 26th, Thursday). Always a lot of fun to watch.
There always seems to see a lot more Huskys competing than Stihls, although the races are sponsored by a Stihl Dealer, kinda ironic.:cheers:

warjohn

warjohn

Addicted to ArboristSite
That sounds like fun but I am way too busy this weekend and you know how much I like food especially if it is free. If I am busy that means Big is busy so your food budget just dropped some more.

Latest posts