Saw races, Medina County Fair, Ohio.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chainsaw-57

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Spoke to the guy in charge of the races Wednesday. They will be held Sunday August 5, at 1:00.

Five "stock" classes, to be determined at sign-up time.

One Open Pro class, (run what you brung) must be a chainsaw, can have pipe. Fuel???

Usually a hot start, hands on log. In the past the cant's have been 10 x 10 very fresh poplar.

$5.00 registration, $15.00 for first place.

Need more info, check out their website.

Larry you racing this year? Didnt see you last year.
I know of about 4 of us that will be going so far.

Races

Good Morning,

Not sure if I will make the races. Busy time of year.

Wish they would state the classes, so we could bring saws for a particular class. A few years ago I took saws for each class, (0-3, 0-4, 0-5, 0-6, and open), after registration I was doubled up in two classes and ran only three different classes. I understand why they do this, but it does make it difficult to know what to bring.

Am working on a Mac 101 saw that was lent to me for the Engine Shows.

Yes, I am HOS and do work at Kiefer's.

Might have to make it over that way. I have never raced a saw and think it would be a good time. I only have stock saws though, but looking for a big broken saw to fix and mod (bb, muffler, port and polish maybe) in the near future.

Wish they would state the classes, so we could bring saws for a particular class. A few years ago I took saws for each class, (0-3, 0-4, 0-5, 0-6, and open), after registration I was doubled up in two classes and ran only three different classes. I understand why they do this, but it does make it difficult to know what to bring.

+1
Al and Bob, you guys showing up?
Would like to Thank you in person Bob for the 5000 handle welding. Working great still.

Last edited:
Might have to make it over that way. I have never raced a saw and think it would be a good time. I only have stock saws though, but looking for a big broken saw to fix and mod (bb, muffler, port and polish maybe) in the near future.

I started that way and you cant learn till you try. If it gets in your blood, hold on for the ride. I raced gas saws against alky/nitro saws in MI. It's about having fun, not who wins, it's a adrenaline rush and meeting good people.
If you went to the Ohio gtg and hot start over wood would have been the first step. This hot start with hands on the wood and saw idling on the ground is the next step of learning. Just look for a couple big guys well over 6 foot and a bunch of saws around us and come over and say hi.

I started that way and you cant learn till you try. If it gets in your blood, hold on for the ride. I raced gas saws against alky/nitro saws in MI. It's about having fun, not who wins, it's a adrenaline rush and meeting good people.
If you went to the Ohio gtg and hot start over wood would have been the first step. This hot start with hands on the wood and saw idling on the ground is the next step of learning. Just look for a couple big guys well over 6 foot and a bunch of saws around us and come over and say hi.

Kev, you for got to add that they need to look for the chick with a saw too!!And that that guy who is over 6 foot tall, thats my boyfriend. Better look out im ready to doo some whooping. . .LOL, yea right. I just wanna race. Thats all, that lil saw-o-mine wont do sheeeet. hopefully he will let me use that one big saw he has, got to make a bar for it though . . .i think.

Kev, you for got to add that they need to look for the chick with a saw too!!And that that guy who is over 6 foot tall, thats my boyfriend. Better look out im ready to doo some whooping. . .LOL, yea right. I just wanna race. Thats all, that lil saw-o-mine wont do sheeeet. hopefully he will let me use that one big saw he has, got to make a bar for it though . . .i think.

CSC I was going to say look for a blonde girl running saws in hand with couple big guys around, but didnt want to bring attention to you.
If you are wearing them HOT PINK chaps again they will not miss us for sure;) .

If you need to borrow any saws for the 3ci and 4ci I have a 5000 and 361 you can borrow. Just tell TTR I only got pratice stock square chains for those though. That would get you in the 42cc under with your little saw, 3ci, 4ci, You would need a 5ci ( does TTR have that BB372 running?) then run the 084 in the open class and you are set in all 5 classes. Let me know if I need to bring them ok.

Clases.

Hey Guys,

Don't count on the classes necessarily breaking down to 0-3, 0-4, 0-5, 0-6, and open. It will depend on the cc's of the saws entered. They try to even out the classes by the number of saws and keep them close on cc's. One year there was a class that was all 029's and 044's ran with 066's.

This is a local county fair with a bunch of guys that want to run their firewood cutting saws.

Medina saw racing event

Having never been in a timmed event before, I had some questions;
Do you want dawgs on your saw for this?
what type of bar length and chain style are used?
Could you use a top handle saw?
Is there competitor parking so my saws are safe?

Questions answered.

Good morning J. Walker.

My experience is that Dawgs get in the way.

You want as short of a bar as possible for the wood and your best (fastest) chain.

As far as I know there is no reason not to use a Top Handle saw.

Unfortunately no special parking.

As Larry said take the dawgs off. Once the dawgs bite, its game over.
Hope to see you there, its a fun event. And if you have any problems when your there youll be in good company, so dont hesitate to ask.

Larry, hope to see you there. I wanna see the KD oh-nine-0h runnin, heard shes a sreamer. You going to be at the LaGrange Show again this year?

LaGrange Engine Show.

Hi Again,

I hope to make the races, but still unsure. Maybe I will have the Mac 1-41 (Mc 101) going. No idea how it will run. Needs seals, carburetor kit (BDC 20) bar and chain. Wonder how it will compare to the 090?

The Engine Show is Sept. 14-16. The plan is to be there. I will have some new (old) interesting things.

LaGrange

I went last year to the lagrange engine show for the first time and had a freekin BLAST!!!

Update.

Hey Guys,

Just talked to Gary, the man in charge of the racing.

Probably be 4 stock saw classes and one Pro class.

If it rains we will move under cover.

Thought everybody should know

What do they consider to be a stock saw? Is any type of muffler mod allowed?

Latest posts

Back