Saw tachs.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STIHL880

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well, I need a tach to tune this 026. I don't suppose anyone knows of a cheap one laying around, or where to buy a cheap one.

Plus I'll need it for when i need to tune the Brand new MS 250 that's only had a handful of tanks through it in it's life. (a little less then 3 cords so far)

Shoot. Thanks in advance guys.

I bought one today on Feebay EZ328 tach.

Not sure on your definition of cheap though. They seem reasonable and have a decent following.

If it saves you from burning up one saw then they seem cheap.

My definition on cheap is any saw tachs below 50 shipped. I'll do some searching around, and then I'll do a review if i buy one that hasn't been used excessively.

My definition on cheap is any saw tachs below 50 shipped. I'll do some searching around, and then I'll do a review if i buy one that hasn't been used excessively.

Sendec makes the "STIHL EDT-7&8" and the sendec model is now at bailey's for about $40 cheaper that getting one with STIHL on the front of it. Bailey's part # 17122 Sendec Model # STS-5000. they have them for 69.99.

I use the EDT-8 To tune all my saws.

Cheers!

Lenin

I got a fast tach from edge and engine a couple months ago,,,I really like it. Its wireless and has a replaceable battery is what really sold me.

I purchased a EZ-TACH Plus 328 a few months ago and for the price I paid it does well. Cost me under $50 shipped. Youtube it for a couple tests I did with it, boring test videos but you get the idea how it works. It's better than no tach.

I got a fast tach from edge and engine a couple months ago,,,I really like it. Its wireless and has a replaceable battery is what really sold me.

I just got a SenDec 5000. What's the deal with no way to change the battery? No on off switch. How long do they last? For that amount of money I'd expect them to last a long time.

I have made sure not to let it freeze, just in case.

I bought the Fast Tach from edge and engine and really like it,they ship fast ,only dealt with them once but would highly recommend these guys.tach updates instantly.just my 2 cents..

I like a tach for insurance that the saw is not over revving but I feel better tuning by ear. I got a fast tach and it did come in handy I guess but I tuned more with out it and it wasnt really needed.

I purchased a EZ-TACH Plus 328 a few months ago and for the price I paid it does well. Cost me under $50 shipped. Youtube it for a couple tests I did with it, boring test videos but you get the idea how it works. It's better than no tach.

+1 I like mine!

I'll add my vote to the EZ-TACH Plus 328. Got mine on eBay, shipped to Canada, for around $50. Works on 2 and 4 stroke and on single or multi cylinder engines.

Latest posts

Back