Saw Tuning Issues- Moto-Mix vs. Non-E 89 Pump Gas?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based on the websites VP small engine is 94 while Motomix & Trufuel is 92. Anyone know if Motomix and Trufuel are the same thing i.e. come from the same packaging plant?
I've never run motomix. It's way too high to try out at $10 a quart

It's either Home Depot or Lowe's that has a house brand for like $5.00 or so a qt. Still expensive though.
You can get a case for $30 at home depot. Stihl dealer has motomix and it's $8-10 depending on the dealer here

As I mentioned in my original post the 026 was designed long before Motomix and other synthetic fuels ever existed. The full range adjustable carb on this saw offers wide latitude it makes precise changes difficult due to the highly sensitive screws. The newer equipment that you mostly deal with has limited adjustment range and caps on top of that.

I haven't had much running experience with Motomix but I am sure that it works better for storage.

I agree that the 026 came out well before the motomix but people with old and new saws run the motomix with no issues whatsoever. I took my MS 460 and ran it on motomix just to see how it would perform and it ran just fine, idle was good and plenty of power in the cut. ( this saw is not set to OEM spec. ) Talking to a friend of mine in Germany today he pointed out that in tech school they recommend motomix for intermittent use and storage or new and older saws.

Latest posts

Back