Sawing logs in your sleep....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avalancher

Arboristsite Raconteur
Reaction score
My wife asked me this morning how much wood I cut last night, I imediatly got suspicious when she had that big :censored: eating grin on her face when she asked the question.
Now I had spent yesterday cutting wood, but that didnt fit the catagory of "last night" so i asked her what she was talking about.
She said I woke her up during the night by me cursing in my sleep.
She layed there and listened, and sure enough out came "dang thing, come on, start!"
This was accompanied with vigorous pulls with the "starter" hand. She said it was so obvious that i was trying to crank up my saw in my sleep.
No wonder I was so tired when I woke up this morning, but doggon it my woodpile aint any bigger this morning! Where the heck did I put all that firewood?

unbelievable

Hey, be happy

I moved to our living room last night as the Misses decided to go cutting.

Damn, they can say whatever they want it has nothing to do with how they look or what they weigh... my princess has an MS880 hidden somewhere inside.....:dizzy:

This morning I was waiting with a grin on my face for the fatal question...
" Honey, why did you sleep downstairs last night?" :) :) :)

I left without seeing a breakfast though....

:cheers:

count your blessings.

my wife saws wood in her sleep...then, to top if off, both dogs do too!!

surround sound sawing......

Ever wonder why that is? No matter what happens, the guy ends up on the couch.
My wife snores occasionally, I get up and head upstairs to the couch.
I snore, my wife pokes me in the ribs, mutters something about me snoring, please go sleep on the couch. Out I go.
The wife gets mad at you before bed time, you sleep on the couch.
You get mad at the wife before bedtime, you sleep on the couch.
Pretty crappy deal all the way around if you ask me!

Avalancher

+1000

thats why our couch costs 5 times what our bed costs and i gave her the honours to outfit the bedroom while i took care about the living room

:) :clap:

Took me only 1 relation to figure that out

About snoring dogs....

<------ that one is a champ!

Got a remark at start of summer from the neighbour, he just said it smoothly between some other sentences about how active our terrier is compared to the Mastif.

...now we have our windows open during the night we hear when Boston is sleeping...

Now i think about it.. We are one great family! All of us like cutting wood.

A little off topic, but related to sleep and firewood.

On those nights when I can't sleep and just toss and turn, there's one thing that almost always gets me to nod off.

I envision myself in my favoritest place doing my favorite thing: in the barn stacking wood, counting each piece as others might count sheep. I can't remember the last time I got to 100. Just puts me in a serene mode and all the troubles of the world slip away.:)

I know I'm weird, but my woddaholism, dendro-btu addiction is well documented in other posts.

I feel that I am among friends here.

Last edited:

On those nights when I can't sleep and just toss and turn, there's one thing that almost always gets me to nod off.

I envision myself in my favotitest place doing my favorite thing: in the barn stacking wood, counting each piece as others might count sheep. I can't remember the last time I got to 100. Just puts me in a serene mode and all the troubles of the world slip away.:)

I know I'm weird, but my woddaholism, dendro-btu addiction is well documented in other posts.

I feel that I am aong friends here.

Im glad that works for you, to me it would have me up all night. The last thing that I try to think about is anything dealing with firewood when trying to get to sleep. Counting firewood pieces will quickly escalate into plotting on how to get some more. I will think, "Hmm, last time I was out in the 81 woods, Im sure that there were more hickory tops needing cut up. I better get out there quick before someone else finds them. Man, I better get there tomorrow. Oh wait, I gotta sharpen those chains tomorrow, all of em are dull.
Rats,I gotta put a new stone on the grinder. I think I ordered one, didnt I?Well, I could sharpen a few by hand.No big deal.
Hey, whats that noise out there?Someone stealing my firewood again?No?
Did I remember to take all the saws out of the truck tonight and put them in the shop?yeah I did, right after dinner.
I need a bigger truck, yeah, thats it. Wonder how I can talk the wife into a big honking diesel. Could pull two trailers like a train. Yeah, and I could upgrade the splitter and make it faster. Yeah, thats the ticket.
And
And
And
And
oh crap, is it really 4AM?
I hope i dont cut my leg off tomorrow, I am going to be tired!No wait, tomorrow is already here......Maybe I should go ahead and get up and sharpen those chains....

Thanks Woodbooga, see what you started? If I dont get any sleep tonight, its your fault.
:cry:

Last edited:
Thanks Woodbooga, see what you started? If I dont get any sleep tonight, its your fault.
:cry:

oops. Sorry. But it's not my fault. You just take firewood waaaaaaaaay toooooo seriously. I mean, c'mon. Get a grip. ;);););)

For me, the stashing of wood in the barn is the last phase, the cherry on top. By this point, I've contended with and overcome dull chains, oiler issues, etc. I just get to watch empty space disappear and the stacks grow in height and width.:cheers:

Last edited:
oops. Sorry. But it's not my fault. You just take firewood waaaaaaaaay toooooo seriously. I mean, c'mon. Get a grip. ;);););)

For me, the stashing of wood in the barn is the last phase, the cherry on top. By this point, I've contended with and overcome dull chains, oiler issues, etc. I just get to watch empty space disappear and the stacks grow in height and width.:cheers:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I hate the stacking part only because of the constant bending up and down, I am a lazy guy at heart, but it sure is nice to see those piles increase. I feel like an old miser sometimes, greedily counting my piles and thinking dollar signs, dollar signs. Both in the selling and in the savings from my electric bill.

I envision myself in my favotitest place doing my favorite thing: in the barn stacking wood, counting each piece as others might count sheep. I can't remember the last time I got to 100. Just puts me in a serene mode and all the troubles of the world slip away.:)

I feel that I am aong friends here.

a tall glass of merlot does it for me.

One night my wife was snoring.....and I got out the tape recorder and made a sound track for a few minutes. The next day when the time seemed right I popped the tape into the stereo and filled the house with the sound.

I thought it was pretty funny.....but my loving wife was not a bit amused.....and even got angry.

One night my wife was snoring.....and I got out the tape recorder and made a sound track for a few minutes. The next day when the time seemed right I popped the tape into the stereo and filled the house with the sound.

I thought it was pretty funny.....but my loving wife was not a bit amused.....and even got angry.

...and the following night you spent on the couch.

My wife will get miffed when me and the dog start singing a duet and I wake up to find myself being assaulted. I swear sometimes I'm find that I've got a sore spot in my back, the source of which I can't identify but I'm sure it's got something to do with a middle of the night sucker punch because of my snoring.

You guys can have the couch, we just have our own rooms,....a good nights rest is just too important.

Latest posts

Back