Sawmill educational workshop.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cantcutter

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am doing a workshop in October at a green living expo. I am setting up and operating my sawmill and the educational focus is to show people the value of their own trees when using a sawmill service. I am displaying a shed that I built from my own lumber and am looking for other examples of items made from home sawn lumber. I not sure if I am allowed to advertise but if anybody has any small items, furnature, hand tools, crafts, etc that I can have as a display items I will attach your name to the item and discretely hand out your business card to anybody showing an intrest. I am also planning on putting together a photo album of items if you have pictures you would like included.
Please email me at [email protected] with a discription of your item or attach your pictures.

We will also be handing out links to this find a sawyer page if anybody wants to place themselves on the list

To bad I'm not in your area.

Thats okay....have any pictures of stuff you want to share? I checked your location and if you where straight across the other side of the state you might have benifited from this:)

Where is Dusty Tools at? maybe he wants to place his CSM on display.:greenchainsaw:

I'm down here in Richmond, you could borrow my CSM with the 076 on it if you like for a static display. Just remember you are responsible for it's well being while it's in your possession.

When is it happening?

Ian

I'm down here in Richmond, you could borrow my CSM with the 076 on it if you like for a static display. Just remember you are responsible for it's well being while it's in your possession.

When is it happening?

Ian

Thanks For the offer

It's not til October, first or second weekend, they don't have the schedule out yet. I am in Richmond every day in the fall so I could pick it up and return it if you like. If you have any intrest in going I can add you to my list of vendor passes.
Thanks again and I will take good care of your CSM. Have any other items you would like to display? What do you make from your wood?

Brad

I'm really not much of a woodworker. A made a couple of bluebird boxes from cedar last year and that's about it.. I would like to attend tho. Sounds like fun.

Ian

Let me know when you pin down a hard date and time. I would like to attend and would let you display my mill alongside Ians if you want to.:cheers:

Dusty does some nice turnings... You should bring one of your chairs. If you could weave a seat from a pile of curlies, that would make it complete ;)

Ian

Let me know when you pin down a hard date and time. I would like to attend and would let you display my mill alongside Ians if you want to.:cheers:

That would be great. I don't know a lot about CSMs, but was thinking if you guys want I can give you a log to slab out and we can stack it back together with small blocks of wood between the slabs to show the kerf and then on the last slab leave the CSMs in place so that they are displayed, but nobody can handle them. We would have to screw down each section as we go so it stays together. Maybe place old stumps under the power units so the weight is not on the bar.

I should be getting all the information together over the next few weeks and I will know how much space I will have available and if the insurance people okay the operation of my mill. If not; it will just be a display piece and I may have to do some sort of video of it operating. I will keep you guys posted as more info comes available.

Brad

Back