Saws or Guns?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keep Saws or Sell/Trade for Guns

• Keep Saws

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Get Guns

Votes: 18 78.3%

• Total voters
I remember when a 500rd case of wolf 45acp was $62. The wolf 9 mm ammo was $5+ a box of fifty.
Even that dirty Russian 9mm is over 50 cents a round now. I bought a case of that too, cost me $500 something. There’s 4 in my house that shoot on a regular basis, sometimes 5. We ain’t going to stop doing what we enjoy because the prices are high.

B96D8E2E-68F1-4D43-83E7-3EE828EA2F3F.jpeg

Mother Russia thanks you ;) all jokes aside, this ammo shortage/ price has put a major damper in my shooting this past year. I normally get a few cases of 9mm and .223/5.56 at the end if each year. I thought I had plenty of 9mm end if last year, so I didnt do my big bulk order. Now I'm kicking my self in the rump. Just started a new job, much better money, so soon I'll be trying to restock. Never thought I'd have to worry about restocking ammo, or cutting back on shooting. Havent even gone out trap and skeet hardly at all this year.

From a purely economic standpoint, guns will never lose their value and will only go up in value, especially the ones that certain people have an irrational fear of. Other than the vintage big displacement macho saws or pro grade saws, etc, chainsaws are not an investment. They are cool and loved by us weirdos but that's it.

I remember about 15 years ago you could buy a Yugoslavian SKS rifle from a catalog for like $125. Those same non-chrome bore rifles today I don't think you can touch for less than $500, or maybe more now.

Yes, I remember when a bunch Russian made unused 1953 SKS in a box were offered for $110 at a local gun-show!

Experience is what you get when #### happens

Also:
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted!

Guns without any bullets is just a club.
Might have to use a chainsaw for self defense. I've thought about making a fast draw holster for a small top handle chainsaw saw instead of concealed gun carry if I run out of bullets.

Back