Saws you don't see everyday.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
North River yeah, the South is only so-so anymore...

I lived on Elk Creek in Doug. Co. for 4 years (until 3 months ago, actually). North Fork of the Umpqua is probably the best down there. Up here the best I have fished is the Clackamas where the Kalawash meets it. Also on the Sandy near the Columbia.

I'm just up river from Hendricks Park. The fishing is better than you might think below Leaburg Dam. There are two hatcherys that help out with both Salmon and Steelhead.
My son in law works out of the Mckenzie bridge USFS station and was at the Blue River one prior to it's close.
Here's two pictures of a new way I found to assemble a Homelite XL 12.:confused: Second time I tried it the mag and exhaust seemed to fit better
attachment.php
attachment.php

When I'm faced with a 50-50 chance it seems I'm wrong 80% of the time. However when given a second try my percentage drops to nearly 40........Bob

I'm sick of hearing about the 361 and 346NE, and generally think saws of 'today' have lost their mystique. So, if you own some, post up some pictures of saws you don't see everyday...maybe some vintage Pioneer/Partner saws, Homies, MCC's, older Stihls, older Huskies, etc. etc.

Just a show and tell thread to reminisce and cruise down memory lane.

I'll start...

attachment.php

Nice! An Elastostart finds another home!

451e.jpg

My first saw! And it was free Ive had it for over 20 years best guess is its a 1978 saw.
Its a Jonsereds 451e and still runs but is semi retired as I have broken the recoil spring 4 times and heating and bending the end does not last long I cand seem to trace a replacement.
I loaned it out a few years ago and the guy didnt bother to fill the bar oil and only cut with one part of the bar or it woild still be wearing the original!

leeha; Thanks for posting the picts of your saws you certainly have some of the big old iron there. I will post some picts of a couple of my older seldom seen saws.

IMG_1859.jpg

IMG_1861.jpg

IMG_1860.jpg

IMG_1862.jpg

Mall OMG , heavy metal.

Back