Scam or Good deal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love my hobby.....lol. The truth behind it is I support legal marijuana and the last auctions I ran I did to raise money for a guy out of BC I know well who was fighting the US government over if was legal for him to do his business in canada even though it poured over to the USA.

KR

Did your saws sell?

Did your saws sell?

Nope after I found out that everyone here was ragging my deal I offered because I wouldn't ship in the states or for whatever reason I have thought I would figture out who was who that contacted me and for looking the gift horse in the mouth not sell to them. If I knew I wouldn't get sick to my stomach I would go outside fire up my mobark 2500 and feed these Gawd Dammed Saws to it. Hell it eats cell phones and coolers like nothing a couple of saws some aZZhol3 wouldn't to jew me over even at bottom doolar should look good going thru it.

KR

couple more drinks and a couple of you guys ruined the best deal I will ever offer again. I guess I will either chip them or pay the $0.46 I owe ebay and sell it there let you see how high I should sell them for..................
KR

Really, you shouldn't take it personally. Nobody knew they were dealing with another member...and even though we believe you to be honest...lots of folks have lost their shirts with online scammers. $750 is basically a giveaway on a 660 or an 088, let alone both. But if you sold your business and can afford to be generous, that's your call. Sell them on ebay and I will bet you'll get $700 for the 660 and 900 for the 088. I got $300 for a friends lightly used Ms260 last year about this time there. A good place to sell a chainsaw in firewood or hurricane season...for sure. Peace

Really, you shouldn't take it personally. Nobody knew they were dealing with another member...and even though we believe you to be honest...lots of folks have lost their shirts with online scammers. $750 is basically a giveaway on a 660 or an 088, let alone both. But if you sold your business and can afford to be generous, that's your call. Sell them on ebay and I will bet you'll get $700 for the 660 and 900 for the 088. I got $300 for a friends lightly used Ms260 last year about this time there. A good place to sell a chainsaw in firewood or hurricane season...for sure. Peace

It's not about the money ist's the facke that everyanybpody was f....in riding someoeones deall on lonline becsuase they didn'tt post it themsevlleess.

KR

Hang in there and it will all work itself out. Don't hesitate to post pictures though. I'm still using dial up and as long as I put my digital camera on the lowest quality setting it works great. I get really good pics and the size isn't so large that I can't post them on the internet. You can use this same philosophy if you have to scan the image. Not posting leads people to be skeptical. You can't blame people for being cautious. Read around and see what has happened to some of them. And, don't dawg me, i'm on about my 9th or 10th Coors light at this time so I'm pretty laid back right now, lol.

Now which ever of you have contacted who came here and called me a scammer you money is no longer any good with me. See I am able to be a ??????? cause another even bigger ??????? over paid me for my logging contracts and heavy equipment.

Hey, if you're so rollin' in cabbage, why you askin' people to wait 2 weeks before you ship after payment?

Sorry, but your interaction regarding the saws felt a little hinky to me.

Can't you see the group reaction was based on your questionable requirements, advertising style, vague and non-responsive replies, rather than out of some sort of interest in making fun of you?

Since you are ready to chip up these saws, maybe you would consider helping out a new person here on the forum, who might have really gotten scammed by someone online... auntmeme

Last edited:
only big things I kept in the deal when I sold out was the chipper and a couple of tractors.

I would video it but I am on super slow connection. I got some tree branches that f---up my satalite internet signal.

KR

Seems like an easy fix to me if you've still got the saws, and the chipper!

Nope after I found out that everyone here was ragging my deal I offered because I wouldn't ship in the states or for whatever reason I have thought I would figture out who was who that contacted me and for looking the gift horse in the mouth not sell to them. If I knew I wouldn't get sick to my stomach I would go outside fire up my mobark 2500 and feed these Gawd Dammed Saws to it. Hell it eats cell phones and coolers like nothing a couple of saws some aZZhol3 wouldn't to jew me over even at bottom doolar should look good going thru it.

KR

KR,
Let's look at the facts here.

- you're ad sounds little fishy
- you tell one person you don't have paypal
- you tell another that you do
- you told one person you didn't have pics
- you told me that you did have pics

Then you come on here and get all pizzed off about the whole deal. Maybe you should lay off the Captain and sober up a bit.

scam or no?

In response to the scam,when everyone was talking about it,how do i put this? while i was talking to "rattliff" he was getting more surprisingly "drunk"with each new post(some of the posts were within minutes of each other)his spelling was getting worse w/ each. that was even a front .when you pick someones brain,they will do alot of things to try to get out of something....i'm not buying any of it........tooooo many stories/not enough facts:hmm3grin2orange:

In response to the scam,when everyone was talking about it,how do i put this? while i was talking to "rattliff" he was getting more surprisingly "drunk"with each new post(some of the posts were within minutes of each other)his spelling was getting worse w/ each. that was even a front .when you pick someones brain,they will do alot of things to try to get out of something....i'm not buying any of it........tooooo many stories/not enough facts:hmm3grin2orange:

I attempted to contact the seller thru craigslist and got no response. :( My offer was CASH (asking price) and carry and I got no response. Seller shouldn't have to impose a waiting period on cold hard cash. Smells funny to me. Maybe I should have offered some wacky weed in exchange for the saws. What gives?
Finnbear

First off how do you off cash when I can send the email you sent me out to anyone who wants a copy.

Second I donated the saw to Berea College in Berea, Kentucky. They had no problem giving me the write off for the amount I asked for.

Third some people have been well F%cked on the internet so anypay other then cash wouldn't get a thing from me until completely cleared.

Fourth I advise anyone selling anything online to wait until the funds are completely clear and none reversible before shipping. Also if you say you are selling to one area stick to it. I did it pissed a few azzholes off but that was my policy.

KR

Back