Score

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fields_mj

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Picked up an 036 today for $200. 18" bar .325 chain, same as my 024. Saw isn't beautiful, but runs really good, has all the parts, good (almost new) chain catcher, oiler works great, 150~155lbs of comp.

Yup. I had originally called about an 034 that he had listed, but it was gone. He had the 036 and wanted less for it. Seems to be a good running saw. I look forward to cutting some firewood with it this weekend. Very nice guy to deal with.

Yup. I had originally called about an 034 that he had listed, but it was gone. He had the 036 and wanted less for it. Seems to be a good running saw. I look forward to cutting some firewood with it this weekend. Very nice guy to deal with.

Good find hope you love it

Didn't pay much attention to it. He had an 020 there that he said cuts like no one's buisness. My impression of Harold is that if he sells it, it runs and runs good. Its a small repair shop and his reputation can make or break him. He's been repairing engines for a LONG time, and seems to know what he's doing. If you are selling something to him, he'll get it for the least amount he can, but if you're buying from him, you get a good saw at a fair price. My saw had a few pieces on it that were cracked but didn't effect the saw's performance. Those pieces were in the trash when I got there, and had been replaced. This has been my only dealing with him, and time will tell how good it is, but so far so good. I read about some guys on here getting a lot better deal than I did, but if this saw runs as long as I think it will, I'll be VERY happy with it.

Mark

The 036 cuts great! Ripped through 16" of hickory in no time flat. Only problem was starting it. Yanked my fool head off to get it started the first time. Ended up having to shut the choke off completely before it finally fired one time. Once it was warm it was okay, but if it sat for very long it still took a few more pulls than I would expect to get it to start. I'm going to call the guy I bought it from and see what he says. He wanted me to bring it back if there were any problems at all. For $200, I'm not complaining a bit, but if there's something he can do to make it start better, then I'm all for it. Next step will be to put an 8 tooth rim on it and see which one I like better for the 18" .325 chain.

I'm really starting to understand this CAD thing. I woke up this morning wondering which would be best for a 28" bar: an 038 Mag, an 041, or an 044....

I forgot how much I loved chainsaws.... almost as much as my 1911s :)

Mark

You do want to have the choke on until it pops or fires. Sometimes if the saw sits for while, it might take 4-5 pulls for the saw to pop. If the problem still persists, you can try richen up the L side of the carb alittle.

If you are going to get another, 044 is a one fine saw IMO. :chainsaw:

Yeah, I've never seen a saw that didn't take 6 or 8 pulls to fire the first time at 15 degrees. The 036 took 15 or 20 pulls that first time. After running a few tanks of fresh gas trough it, I took it back out yesterday and it started like I would expect it to.

Mark

Back